New album - No Masters (self-titled Quadraverb abuse)

Can hear it in a slasher score. My kind of vibe. And the Alesis’ metallic, iron-rich bloody bath water swash. Love it.

Should have used an MPC. They’re plastic, so they float.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a big horror nerd, especially 70’s Italian stuff, so people like Goblin and Fabio Frizzi are definitely big influences, as well as the more obvious stuff like Carpenter and Howarth.

Thanks for listening.

2 Likes

Quadraverb kicks ass! Compander, slight low pass and grainy effects for days! Either hate it or love it, I’m in the latter camp. You’ve used it and your other devices to great effect.

1 Like

I think I might have to buy a couple more before they start getting rarer.

1 Like

Yey, my No Masters collection doubles in size. Nice one, @Fin25. Favourite track: Ode to Alesis. Lovely warm, fuzzy bath of sound. Keep em coming! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on the album. I’m digging in right now. Sounds great so far, well-mixed.

1 Like

Mr Junk and Ode to Alesis are favourites here. Very nice album overall, well done!

1 Like

Thanks for the support, I’m glad you like it.

Thanks, I’m slowly winning the Octatrack gain staging battle (though still to claim outright victory, as I’m not using it much as an actual sampler yet).

Thanks, I think they might be my two favourites. I took a bit of a gamble with Ode to Alesis, wasn’t sure how it would go down, but I’m glad it worked out.

Thanks for all the positive replys and support folks, it really means a lot that I’m finally making music that actually achieves what I set out to do, I’ll try to reward you all with some slightly less miserable techno cuts before the end of March.

2 Likes

Fanfuckingtastic.

1 Like

Nice one

1 Like

I just got home from digging graves and I am looking forward to relaxing with your new album in some headphones while watching my teenager wash up from dinner. I’m stoked to hear this.

1 Like

!!! yo, this is really good…
You have something.
It’s both jarring and soothing at the same time and man let me tell you
I can fuck with that

Edit: it’s like the best parts of taking ecstasy and being massaged by your bosses wife while My Bloody Valentine tells you how sexy you are over and over and over and over and over…

1 Like

Didn’t think I’d say this, but this kind of grinding, haunting stuff is apparently exactly what I needed. Despite the atmosphere, it makes me feel good. Fantastic work, no less considering the time frame and process.

I’m gonna cash on this one, good music must be supported accordingly.

4 Likes

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for listening.

Is the greatest comment ever.
Thanks for your support.

Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your support.

4 Likes

very nice! Enjoyed it a lot.
Like the crunchy, driven sounds and atmosphere

The last two tracks are my favorites so far.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I absolutely love the score they did for Suspiria. I just bought your album and will have a listen later on today.

1 Like

Thanks for listening, and for the compliments.

Thanks for the support, hope you enjoy it.

Profits reinvested, potential for new rabbit holes increased.

Thanks to all my supporters.
Feels weird buying gear with money I made from gear.

8 Likes

It seems you maybe haven’t checked your gain staging on the OT, I’m detecting a bit of distortion here and there…

:wink:

Really good stuff, man - I especially enjoyed the Collisions tracks and the model/modal where I got reminded of some of the best parts (for me) in Jon Hopkins’ stuff.

:clap:

1 Like

High praise indeed.
Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like