Need some advice with audio path

Yes

But you’re about to get yourself into some serious Octa head scratching frustration territory. Tread carefully and deliberately

Like for instance, your guitar part will not loop properly with your drum part–I can almost guarantee that. There are a few reasons for this and things you’ll have to look out for/avoid in the future. Probably the easiest thing is to guarantee the sample starts right on a downbeat and ends on a downbeat… But if you have a very long sample this can be difficult.

Afaic the Octatrack isn’t good for recording long, timed samples. That’s better suited for a DAW and then imported into the Octa to mangle.

EDIT: I would also start asking some of these questions in the noob questions thread, as they’re more suited for it and people will see your SOS and come running :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I use my OT in the aux send of my Mackie mixer when I play live with it.

It didn’t stop me from sampling or sequencing.

I don’t know what model of Mackie mixer you have. I have an 802-VLZ3. All the input channels that have the Aux Send knob set anywhere above 0 will send signal to the Aux Send output, which goes into an input on my OT. So it can sample from ANY of the Mackie input channels.

1 Like

What noob thread are you refering to I see no know newbie dicussions or anything? :frowning:

Speaking of effect loops on guitar amps, I’ve been using as sampling delay in the FX loop of my Boss Katana guitar amp. Works great! That way i can sample the sound of my violin or guitar after it has been processed by overdrive, phaser, etc. The output of the sampling delay goes back into the amp and is processed by amp reverb.

If you tried putting the Octatrack in the effects loop of your guitar amp and you were unable to sample with it, there might be something wrong with the guitar amp. Or there might be something wrong with the cables you used to patch the OT into the effects loop.

Same here. Flexibility rules!

I’m having an issue… with my sp404 and OT… I can use the CUE button and adjust the volume… i can hear my trigs on my OT with my sp404… but now I have guitar plugged into my mixer, and my mixer is going to CD input… how can I get it now so that my sp404 picks up guitar signal? :slight_smile: Before with my 404 at the end i was able to sample… now with it in the cues, I can use the 404’s effects with the OT, but i can’t sample devices…

I know I’m doing something wrong… Just can’t to spot the error. The effects are running, and work as wanted… just can’t sample to the 404 now, like I could when it was at the end of the chain.

If anyone one knows why I can 't sample to my 404 with the cues out please let me know :slight_smile:

If you want to pass the mixer audio from the CD inputs to the cue outputs, the easiest way is to cue the inputs directly by pressing cue+recC/D… There are other ways using thru, pickup, or flex/recorder to get the audio into a track and then you cue that…

1 Like

I might need some advice also! I might want more than possible? The simplest link I see is 1] line from Microfreak to K-Pro in to Live.
Focusrite line a/b out to Live
2] from Mac in to Octa. A/B. Live in to C/D
Octa out to Focusrite?

What I want (and I actually have to wait till I can get proper cables) is the ability to feed my Ocho with the Mac, the Live, and the Freak. I want to do the same with ny Live.

Then I want to somehow feed (now I need a mixer? ) all things to Scarlett, after choosing a master voice route?