Nauts vs Clock

I’m up for this, sounds fun! I guess wed publish these on an elektronauts YouTube channel? Or our own channels?

1 Like

I’m fine with whatever rules & I’m even ok with everyone doing whatever they want like the real ATC.

Hopefully we can submit more than 1 track. I want to do a Boom Bap ATC, Trip Hop ATC, House ATC, ect, ect :blush:

2 Likes

Especially after all the work Elektron devs have put into Overbridge 2.0, I’m not sure I understand the instinct to not permit any computer usage.

4 Likes

Agreed. There shouldn’t be any restrictions on gear or otherwise. The only real restriction should be the 10 minute time cap

3 Likes

also find it interesting. :+1:t2: 10 min rule plus 1 Elektron device would be my suggestion…

1 Like

So I was actually working on this yesterday before the actual Nauts Vs Clock idea came about, but I figured it’s a good enough way to start.

Obviously I did not know the rules yet when making this so please forgive me, but it’s all DT and OB with this one.

18 Likes

Wasn’t serious, you know :wink:

1 Like

Looks like we have are first submission! Nice work. This is all Digitakt?

Yup! I sample from YouTube over usb and throw something together really quick. The only prep I did was pull up random copyright free videos to sample from. That and I had some drums from the project I was already working on which I pulled from.

3 Likes

Good stuff, really enjoyed what you did. Hope you get over your cold (or whatever your illness is) soon - you sound like you’re toiling with that.

I’m definitely going to have a go at this too…

1 Like

alright, decided I’ll have a go on the a4mkii, no presets, starting from blank pattern and 4 sawtooths.

5 separate attempts is still less than an hour, so it should be fine…

2 Likes

i’ve now got 4 new patterns that i really like and want to develop further. which is a great reason to try a 10 minute challenge without filming just to get ideas down.
Some of them i tried to have a finished bit of music using as many tracks as possible, others i just used one voice and messed with it in an abstract styles.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s a full blown sinus infection :mask: it’s been a hell of a past few days. Thank you for watching my struggle though lol

1 Like

Want to keep this thread going so here is my submission. Usually work on Ableton but I wanted to do this challenge with just hardware.
Video quality is a bit shaky, just set it up using a tripod but it works so I can have everything on one shot.

I think I might do another one this weekend too but with Ableton.

Had it under 10 mins and was thinking what else I can add but sampling something else and chopping it up would have taken me over time so I was happy with the result.

10 Likes

This is awesome! So fluid and with time to spare!

thanks! liked yours a lot , glad to see some Hip hop around here

here we go, a4mkii from scratch in 10mins (x4 in a row).
Clear patterns, clear voices.

10mins is definitely too short for me on the a4… no time to get any depth, musically or sonically…

8 Likes

sounds great! tried looking for a nice clock like that for mine but I realized all I have to tell time is phones and computers…

1 Like

Nice time machine action! Get 4 in 1 :sunglasses:

I am in! I´d like to make a new track from an init patch on Analog Rytm & Analog Four.

Would it not be nice to have a logo or layout that all participants can use? Someone who is a better designer than I am could sketch something.