Nanoloop mono

Classic Mistake’s stuff is so great

1 Like

Great video, not mine.

Does anyone see nanoloop as a kind of a super portable “Elektron style” device, home away from home feelings.

2 Likes

Yep. I think Nanoloop even had a few features before Elektron devices did, like individual pattern lengths/scale multipliers.

Still waiting for Elektron to allow for tracks from different patterns/banks to be combined though :wink:

5 Likes

Ah yea awesome feature for sure, and of course the nanoloop song mode is really clean and easy to use. nanoloop rules!

1 Like

Using Nanoloop (for iOS) for manipulating samples, usually recorded from Nanoloop patterns, is a major reason why I got the Octatrack. Along with the individual track lengths and parameters per-step, yeah, definitely an Elektron vibe.

2 Likes

I hate song mode and never use it :metal:

(but seriously, I understand why people would want to, it’s just against the freeform nature of why I use nanoloop :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Haha yea I don’t use it a ton but I do like to chain patterns up sometimes once I’ve locked in maybe 3 or 4 variations on the melodic track, then jam over top with another keyboard. When I’m mobile only though I never use song mode.

1 Like

Not me but this was a great mono set, and long too. He kills it.

1 Like

Song mode is great for syncing Octatarck arranger or rytm song mode and lets you free your hands to do more stuff on the elektrons , but I tend to use less than 16 square patterns so these don’t sync up well in song mode . But my favorite thing about song mode is you can go back into the sequencer screen on the current pattern in song mode and modulate the waveforms then jump back to the current song mode position easily !

1 Like

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet, a beautiful composition:

4 Likes

gotta share my homie’s mono track https://soundcloud.com/infodrive/nanoloop-mono-teaser-live-test

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

pretty special and elektron inspired sequencer (if it had slides…!!!)

i’m enjoying getting used to the inputs and can see it getting speedier as time goes on.
it’s pretty special.

ran into a few fun bugs or feature? moments (latest cart v1.1.1)
in one situation i could trigger the channel (or a note) like a one shot with A, which was cool but then reset into normal mode.
sometimes B takes me to the bank page when i’m on another param page.
a crash or two when pressing wrong button at wrong time.
but mostly as expected function, very nice design.

always good to ask the long term users what bugs/exploits/tricks/caveats/warnings they’re aware of and what they wish they’d known when they first started?
latest manual is 1.0.5, any extra on changes beyond audio out you’ve noticed on recent version?

and a time saver for me question: loading patterns with tempo i’m not sure how this is best used yet. do patterns get saved with tempo data? when does the “master” take over or change occurs? is this available in song mode?
i’ve got inconsistent results so far, all user error and i’m sure there’s a method.

1 Like