NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

SynthAnatomy who has kept repeating that the AKAI MPC Key 37 was at NAMM has now finally figured it out. As they ( at the moment, they’ll edit it presently ) say : AKAI is not at NAMM 2023. I kid you not.

1 Like

As expected :

I haven’t got fingers on a video yet, but there will be one soon.

I think “experimental” is a good thing for a synth like this, so will be interesting to see how they promote it.

4 Likes

Their website hasn’t been updated for months.

1 Like

Traveling in any way. Would not pack this in a car or take on a train.

My peli fits my Octatrack, Rytm MK2, Digitone, SP-404Mk2 and minifreak and it feels good to have all that expensive gear protected.

I’ve you’re gonna be traveling with +1K worth of gear it’s wise to invest money in proper protective travel case rather than this.

1 Like

Has anyone seen any video of the ASM booth? Curious if they have any new products to talk about.

I saw a brief live stream of it. Nothing new sadly.

1 Like

Yay! Professor Heckmann! :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing. These tones…! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ok, your opinion on travel is fine, but some people might be interested in using it to organize their gear for use at home.

This means, no travel.

There’s always somebody looking for stands for better organize their gear in their home studios. This is just another choice for them.

5 Likes

Somebody claimed Korg is using this stand to display their mixers at NAMM. Even if that’s made up bullshit, the stand looks nice to me.

4 Likes

Hence why I said “using this for travel” and not “using this” as a general statement about the product.

Considering travel is advertised on the product page I’d think it’s also good to point out.

I don’t know if it was intentional SEO trickery on behalf of the manufacturer, but that $89 which displays in the embedded link turned out to be for the hinges only :cry: These rack systems can cost over USD 200. I’m glad I’m no longer interested. Sick concept, but that price! no way!!

I don’t see any attempt at deception. The prices are clearly stated on the page

2-Tier Retrakt Contains:

1 x set Heavy-Duty Black Powder-Coated Bases with rubber feet

1 x set of adjustable hinges + Hardware to mount rails

Price = $180 (No rack rails included) $215 (2 sets of 4U rack rails included)

3-Tier Retrakt Contains:

1 x set Heavy-Duty Black Powder-Coated Bases with rubber feet

2 x sets of adjustable hinges + Hardware to mount rails

Price = $270 (No rack rails included) $315 (3 sets of 4U rack rails included)

THIS IS THE VERSION SHOWN IN THE KORG VIDEOS

4-tier Retrakt Contains:

1 x set Heavy-Duty Black Powder-Coated Bases with rubber feet

3x sets of adjustable hinges + Hardware to mount rails

Price = $350 (No rack rails included) $399 (4 sets of 4U rack rails included)

Set of Hinges only (Includes all needed hardware) Contains:

1 x set of adjustable hinges w/knob and locking nuts + Hardware to mount rails

Price = $89 per set

Sounds like you want a discussion that is more appropriate for another thread

1 Like

I hear you. I’m just cynical about people and advertising these days. The link popped up like this and I just got all excited. But it’s all good. This kind of thing is just going to make me want more gear to put in it! Pretty cool concept. Thank you for sharing! I’m sure they’ll sell a lot.

2 Likes

Sorry if it sounds that way to you. I was just commenting on announced NAMM products like everyone else. You mentioned the carrying bag yourself in your initial post, hence my reply. And then I replied again after you asked me if I meant air travel.

Nothing off topic here in regards to NAMM announcements. But have a good day and enjoy the other announcements!

1 Like

I mentioned the carrying bag because I thought that was unusual for a stand maker to ship a free carrying bag with it. I was not expecting a debate on soft vs. hard cases for gear transport. :rofl:

3 Likes

Could be nice for eurorack I guess…

4 Likes

On the one hand, bummer. On the other hand, perhaps operation “lets buy a hydrasynth” is a go!

2 Likes

Dude this looks awesome…I’m not a huge fan of the low res LED matrix on it…it’s hard to see where the edges of zones are…but the huge amount of outputs (including MIDI) and the gestural looper is sick…

…lets just pray you can capture more than 16 steps aka 1-bar…

Any more info on the two new korg mixers? Doesn’t everyone have a camera built into their phone? Arent there elektronauts living in LA with some sick time?

Sorry, I’m just antsy.

3 Likes