NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

AKAI means Red

Now waiting for Bitwig integration for UF1 as well :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@circuitghost - and basically everyone in the Logic Pro thread - this made me think of you.
A bit wary of what it’s worth.
But always worth a look!

The Nektar Panorama CS12

https://youtu.be/dSRLj9-a15w?si=Q7jk2P1z_B7bgHis

1 Like

It does indeed.

They’ve had a number of red products, too, and the entire software UI for the desktop MPC stuff is covered in red.

They’ve been going more red-centric for a while now.

How suitable would this be in order to record a couple synths? Been looking at a few simple but decent mixers. Not a DJ but this looks pretty sweet, isn’t crazy expensive and Im guessing quality is pretty nice. Just wondering if it’s going to be a struggle to use it as a mixer for incoming signals into my audio interface, or even replace my audio interface…

Sonicstate showed the new UHE Zebralette - it had quiete a lot of wavetable oscillator manipulation available, and wavetable export. (To be used in vital /serum) and its free. Actually awesome news!

12 Likes

where were you hiding this gem? gorgeous!

1 Like

Not too much to excite me so far. Wes audio released a new tube eq though, ngTubeEQ!

1 Like

Exactly!
I know there are people out there who prefer smaller keys/keyboards but I would think the majority of keyboard players would just go with the fullsize version.
Makes me appreciate what I already have even more.

1 Like

In a nutshell smaller keys are for none keyboard players. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Yeah I learned that in 1990. Akai could mean beautiful rainbow and that wouldn’t make a rainbow MPC any less ugly. The red looks horrible and cheap, like a 2007 M-audio keyboard.

3 Likes

I need another mono not at all, but that thing sounds so cool.

It’s a bit AIRA-like

1 Like

I adore how committed they are to the grungy character, even if it’s not generally something I look for. This demo actually piqued my interest, which I didn’t expect.

it’s amazing what one oscillator sounds like. Z3 full version will be amazing. Zebralette is already amazing. i mean… wtf… so much comes from this one oscillator and those Osc FX! can’t wait.

23 Likes

Looks like a bread basket :slight_smile:

“what fresh hell is this?”

1 Like

Using this to travel is asking for problems. I swear by Pelican cases for transporting my gear.

You mean like traveling by airplane? I don’t see any suggestion of that.

1 Like