NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

ESPECIALLY the fight gas threads :joy:
”wow i literally just realized my <synth i don’t own> can be used like <technique i’ve never tried> to sound like <other synth i don’t own>, GAS averted ”

Every one else in the thread googles new and used prices for said synth :joy:

Back on topic; Korg killed it with their releases this year, talk about hi-jacking the show. Can’t wait for my NTS-3 to start shipping, i’m reading up on Logue SDK as we speak :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I hope sdk 3 is better supported than version 2

The BAF 2024 is now officially part of this thread. Sonicstate is ‘video covering it’, so here are three videos.

Prism Circuits shows off their “finish it yourself” 4U versions of some original Serge design circuits. Nice. ( article )

This extra long spring reverb system from a Canadian maker Days of Yore, is a beautiful and very functional design. There is also a unique matrix mixer at the end of the video, which i would love to hear. If either is beyond your means, the ideas here for both are certainly inspiration for “doable yourself” versions. ( article )

1010 Music is now making cases for their Nanobox products, which both encapsulate and protect the synth, but also provides rechargable power. ( article )

8 Likes

Can I say NAMM 2024 is a wrap and how would you rate it? The next synth-related big event is Superbooth?

I like that 1010 have done this battery case, but the asthetic seems mismatched to the nanos which feels like a shame.

Not yet, it goes through today !

Is SFF. ( Synth Fest France ) The French come first and then the Germans. The SFF show should have a lot to show.

Superbooth though is a lot of fun.

There is a Brexit show ( Synth East ) before both, smaller with fewer exhibitors of course, so it is largely forgotten. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

See the years list of shows in this thread.

8 Likes

Function over form is a great decision. I also like the price. Yes, they could have done colored versions and then the cost would have shot up. In the end, this will make the nanos even more successful and many users happy. The only true issue will be limited supply at launch.

1 Like

They may very well do that if they sell enough.

2 Likes

They may as well bundle those colored versions with the devices. Sitting on loads of battery inventory is not a good idea when a color does not sell well and I think that’s what’s kept them from manufacturing colored versions.

3 Likes

Not sure if already shared, but this looks really good

5 Likes

Does look like a great way to add some analog ahem “heat” to your daw productions. I hope it works as seamlessly as advertised and doesn’t interfere with your interface.

1 Like

Yeah, the article is an ad. Plain and simple. Furthermore, it offers no critique…
…and none of the 3 links they provide for “more info” provide more info.

Call me a boomer, but I’m reaching wits’ end with the internet’s “advertising” model.
I’d pay a monthly subscription for a nice mag that didn’t try to sell me jack sh&&

8 Likes

I miss magazines!

4 Likes

Unless you’re outside US, in which case you can’t buy these at all right now.

Also a drawback, I feel.

1 Like

Agreed, unfortunately.

Perhaps I’ve missed them but I was hoping there might have been videos on the Korg NTS-3 Kaoss Pad that demonstrated some of the effects that are in it. Similalry I was hoping we might have seen more information about the 4MS Meta module for using VCV patches in actual Eurorack. The Buchla & Friends series of vids from Sonicstate suggest there is still hope for hearing more about 4MS, presumably there’s nothing specific yet from Korg.

1 Like

Nick has edited and posted his videos amazingly fast this year. I know there have been videos trickling in even a couple weeks later, in past shows, i think it might have been Jim Heywood.

2 Likes

Yeah i’ve been trying to find some as well, all i can find is assembly instructions so far :joy:

Think that might be due to it not being rolled out just yet tho, i’m sure videos will pop up when it’s getting closer to release. Marketing pages keep pointing to SDK that hasn’t had an update for over 3 months as well

2 Likes

i wouldnt buy a battery that is fixed to another device… i learnt that lesson buying battery pack cases for my iphone…when the iphone was updated i was left with a case that was very hard to sell and incompatible with anything else i owned.

2 Likes

BAF2024

21 Likes