NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

The SSL controller looks awesome, but from the picture quiete large.

Teenage Engineering only did the engineering for the new Rabbit R1 AI performer device ( thread ), but do you think they might show it at NAMM ?

ADDED : … showing some of the detail on how to use the R1 for making music, something that TE will obviously understand.

If so it is a show stopper.

1 Like

I don’t understand how this is going to happen, as AKAI, is not a NAMM exhibitor, or at least not yet. But big news if it is for real.

I have very serious doubts on this.

1 Like

they wouldn’t need to go to NAMM to piggyback on the hype, happens all the time

added: not that it gives cred to the rumour

Nah, that’s likely the Key 37

Thread

7 Likes

New from Mackie :

• DLZ Creator XS
  • MainStream
  • ShowBox
  • MobileMix
  • ProFX3+
5 Likes

Looking forward to see if new roland sp ie 555, Akai mini 37 or mpc live 3?

1 Like

Roland / BOSS is now on the list ( of exhibitors ) !

4 Likes

Namm has begun with this and the stylophone announcement

-Also Akai getting in on the act with an early announcement of something coming in a few months-with a crafty photo leak of a new product (even though they are not at Namm).
With the Ko2 (which might have forced Yamaha`s hand) -the £300-£1000 market for grooveboxes and samplers is heating up -with competition- prices should come down. We only get one paycheck at the end of January and one at the end of February.

2 Likes

Given the Yamaha Star Trek is already listed with retailers, says to me Yamaha has had plenty of time. AKAI may be rushing though in response.

Interesting to speculate.

Wait Dubreq is not on the list.

ADDED : Dubreq is at show, see below.

1 Like

Yay autocorrect!

5 Likes

No, yay imagination. SEQTRAK had me wonder original or Next Generation.

6 Likes

Makes a sound like Kirk materializing in the transporter

1 Like

I can hear Scotty swearing.

1 Like

2024 could be a good year for portable music making devices. (If you include the backend of 2023 :wink:)

2 Likes

Funny how themes will emerge from shows without a coordination between companies. Last Superbooth was performance mixers ( and other stuff ).

1 Like

Industrial espionage

2 Likes

My post on that. The first example also involved shows, though i don’t think i mentioned it. I’ve also posted about the secret hidden sides of trade shows, which is sometimes the more important part of a show.

ADDED : An example of a secret side to this NAMM might be : ASM / Medeli and Korg after hours discussing future possible collaborations.

1 Like

IMG_2080

31 Likes