NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

There’s ways a manufacturer can mitigate it, with materials and construction. No way of telling how these new recorders stack up in this regard until a proper review.

Is this at NAMM?

16 Likes

Korg used the rack in their modules video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIf3OBSHgA and Retroaktiv commented on the video stated they designed it:

I’m really tempted by the Wavestate module. Must resist…

1 Like

Strange though, if I look at the picture there is mention of USB in & out in several places. With or without, this looks as an interesting mixer.

1 Like
For Guitar Players Only

OK it’s NAMM there are a million guitar announcements. But this one to me is big :

The Strandberg Boden Essential.

Strandberg quality but in the more traditional form. And it’s $1000 USD.

Short Video

Article in Music Radar

5 Likes

Exquis from Intuitive Instruments

( thread )

6 Likes

MatrixFreak!

1 Like

10 Likes

So really no USB audio? That would be strange… nice mixer

1 Like

It’s the same layout on both models for the rear panel.

4 Likes

They look great. perhaps I’d like two auxes but if the on board fx are good maybe not necessary

There s several mentions of usb on the front panel. I find the 2-band eq very limiting.

2 Likes

Mono aux send, in 2024? Yes, many pedals sum inputs to mono anyway, but not all of them (and I bet this number is growing). Not going to trust onboard FX unless I hear otherwise, sorry, it just tends to be an afterthought.

2 Likes

How big is it actually? I have trouble visualising the size and can’t really find any measurements on korg

Atoms physical modeling softsynth from Baby Audio

6 Likes

8 Likes

I took a deep breath when I first saw these, but now am back to zero regrets on building out a fully expanded MOTU 828 system.

7 Likes

Not sure if it was posted yet, but a new version of Zoom’s multistomp reverb/delay/modulation pedal coming later this year with seemingly new algorithms.

Also, not actually something I could ever afford, but this thing sounded so good.

11 Likes

I saw the guitar amp / distortion pedals mentioned somewhere, but hadn’t seen that there’s an MS-70CDR + in the works; nice.

1 Like

Yeah really nice to see the new MS-70 CDR in the works, but I also hope they could add midi input for at least clock sync, but presets change would also be immensely useful (and CC control over parameters would be perfection). I’m sure guitarists don’t care and are fine with that tap tempo, but for synth setups this is IMO essential feature (and only reason I don’t own the current model).

3 Likes