NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread

https://www.deckardsdream.com/

2 Likes

oh woops! So much for feeling smart. Judging by the YouTube video from @z1v this morning (my time), I guess itā€™s being announced now. Nice video, by the way (as usual).

2 Likes

is behringer cloning the sp404ā€¦

they already relaeased the info they are doing the clone of it https://www.musicradar.com/news/behringer-takes-no-time-in-releasing-early-images-of-its-cs-80-clone

2 Likes

Verbos is in the Synth Showcase. They have three new great sounding Eurorack modules.

Foundation Oscillator ā€” Amp & Tone ā€” Noise and Filter

Mark Verbos has obviously decided to fit more into the HP. The Amp & Tone is a redo and improved version of their Amplitude & Tone Controller, and a lot smaller. The Foundation Oscillator takes a lot of influence from their complex oscillator, but again squeezes it all down. Notice the separate outs for the different waveforms ā€“ nice to run these through separate VCAā€™s with there own rhythms. And what i heard of the the Filter & Noise module sounds good.

Verbos products in general fall more into the Buchla model.

4 Likes

Hey man,
Sorry for being over sensitive earlier. Iā€™ve been in a bit of a funk and get touchy when Iā€™m in that state.
Thank you for the info. I definitely need to learn more about the different protocols in terms of speed and bandwidth. You, AdamJay and a few others have given me a lot to look over.
Thank you!

5 Likes

Want to draw attention to what KaOsphere already posted.

ADDED: I see it has a digital audio SPDIF interface included. This also bodes well for the Osmose buyers in that Haken is actively developing there EaganMatrix product with the new Firmware Version 9.

2 Likes

Ooh, proper L/R outputs in addition to the headphone jack, plus USB MIDI built-in. Iā€™ve never thought about replacing my Continuum with anything else - until now! I wonder, though, if this will also work with the older CVC or if Iā€™d have to replace that, tooā€¦

I canā€™t pre-order it, but I will start savingā€¦:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Mackie Microphones ! ! !

2 Likes

Ahh cool, I saw on your insta story that you were going to namm. So I got stoked, but thatā€™s all good. Long live digitone

1 Like

This is for speculations - there is a thread for actual NAMM news - can this now be closed ?

2 Likes

Tbh Iā€™m a bit disappointed as I havenā€™t received mine yet because orders have been delayed due to this new hardware .
In the workshop in Paris in november Christophe acknowledged that the hardware was there to stay and that they did note plan to upgrade it anytime soonā€¦This, will make me reconsider all the exchanges I had with Lippold bacause he was obviously hiding this releaseā€¦I will probably enjoy a lot my continuum butā€¦You knowā€¦

1 Like

I am not surprised by them withholding that information, but am surprised that they told you that they did not plan to upgrade the hardware any time soon. Thatā€™s a bit disconcerting to hear.

There is much to be said for the current version - full DIN for MIDI, fully pro AES/EBU connections, and a weightiness that likely makes it a bit more stable for an action-oriented interface. Honestly, I kinda wish the new I/O was simply added to the old one. Iā€™ve never liked the single TRS stereo output, though, and using an external MIDI interface adds a layer of complexity that could be avoided with the built-in USB.

I wonder if there will be a trade-in or discount for existing users?

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s the sort of move you expect from big synth company not from Hakenā€¦

But in the end, what bothers me the most is this workshop on the 12th of November. Ā«If you get in the train with us you can be assured that the hardware wonā€™t change anytime soon, there is no plan for that. Ā»

And of course the fact that my unit is really late to ship because they were actually working on something else for namm.

First world problem I supposeā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, the copy about unlimited effects was what made me think about an upgraded version but they were comparing it to classical multi-effects !

I donā€™t know if it will be successful but it seems better priced than their previous effortd, especially when you compare it with the pi-sound that can run the same software minus the hardware controls.

1 Like

Ouch. Believe me, though, you will love the Continuum you get.

Relatively quiet day so farā€¦ no major announcements/reveals.

I will for sure ! And if notā€¦I wonā€™t tell ! :rofl:

1 Like

I wonder if Korg has anything else up the sleeve, some Korg-adjacent redditors liked to hint at it in last AMA. I would even accept firmware updates to the almost-abandonware products.

Theyā€™ve still got to tell us about the OpSix, so thatā€™ll be worth a look soon. Itā€™s being kept behind a glass case atm