NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread

yea a modelsynth sounds v possible, a digi drummachine perhaps. and hopefully a new flagship :upside_down_face::jeans:

1 Like

I’m hoping for a new MD, I’ve said it a few times already and many others have too. I reckon the demand would be strong. You only have to look at Volca Drum flying off the shelves and a distinct lack of second hand units for sale, to know that digital drum machines are popular. ARmk2 style format box with pads etc. I’d hand over my money for one right now. I miss my old MD!

2 Likes

New Flagship is possible. Maybe something completely new, not a mk3.

BUT, if it is a mk3, I expect it will be an Octatrack. Very updateable without being redundant. They could truly turn Octatrack into a pseudo DAW replacement. And add CV/gate tracks.

But… maybe they read what we say and they will just make a new MD

2 Likes

From Collins Dictionary:

drum computer - a sampler with drum names written above some of the buttons :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

:laughing:

id wait. doubt theres anything new what with force being new and the X and live are hardly old either but you never know

2 Likes

I dunno if I can resist!

1 Like

Not stricto sensu AI, but ML can help us stay in control. Like this VST that categorizes, based on similarity, thousands of samples so we can find the one we want.

Looks to big of a box for a new Model:

1 Like

Elektron mixer with overbridge that will work in the nearest future for more than 2 people out of 10

5 Likes

Whatever Elektron releases at NAMM is gonna be mine! I just hope it’s not another MODEL box… unless it’s a digital drum machine with rechargeable batteries, i’d enjoy that.

2 Likes

Anybody own or thinking about getting anything Empress effects?

Well from this video it looks like they got something cooking for NAMM.

Theres no preview of it in the video but was mentioned they have something new for NAMM and it looks like Benn is an artist maybe sponsored by them or previewing the new Empress gear at that after show he’s performing at.

Also Empress seems to be throwing that gig as their name is represented on the flyer.

1 Like

I’m sure a lot of us are hoping for an OT MK3. I’d pay a premium for a proper upgrade, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll still wait until NAMM to pull the trigger on a used OT, though, just to be safe.

1 Like

Many good prospects in this thread but I wonder if Elektron might release a delay/reverb box like heat (but digital of course). I’m pretty sure that has been thought of before here. Digital Ice! to tame your Analog Heat

1 Like

DT MKII with the fabled digital synthesis. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Thanks for that. I also was thinking that these threads are usually for product info from any / all manufacturers.

1 Like

I don’t see any of yours that have been hidden… maybe I’m missing something.

Man, whatever it is Im stoked. I think they’ll start teasing soon

Korg just dropped a teaser for something coming on 10 january :

2 Likes

I’ve seen it in the ‘flesh’ and it’s awesome. But it’s not an actual announcement yet, so into the “Speculation” thread it goes…