NAMM 2019 predictions / releases

There’s still the elusive item with keys that was thrown around.

(Plz plz plz bring back the silver boxes)

4 Likes

Knowing elektron they will outsmart us all but deep down there is a massive market for vintage drum boxes and allot of the younger guys especially don’t realise elektron at one point offered the only solution :slight_smile: some of us who have done the Pokémon drill would quite happily just buy an updated mduw :sunglasses: I’d welcome pay for “serum” in a box though make both or 8 tracks of each :innocent:

Just want to make.it clear I prefer the new box layout on the DT the foot print is allot better for live use.

1 Like

:rofl: Moog Uncle Brother?

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted a SP but they really haven’t done anything to intice a purchase over the past few iterations.

there’s usually speculation about a Roland MV8000/8800 reissue, revisionization this time of year. Now that would be interesting.

2 Likes

I’m done with volca stuff.
I play on them for a few hours but I never actually use them …although it’s probably because I have too much stuff .

3 Likes

I don’t intend to overlap my gear. If the Korg Modular comes out that sounds like a cost effective introduction to modular.

(Though, I wonder what 2 or 3 of them will be like)

It sounds like a good call, it’d be interesting to see how it turns out

1 Like

Hahaha… “Uncle Brother” raises many questions…?

2 Likes

Same way I feel about Pocket Operators. Too small to work with for anything worthwhile. Just my opinion of course.

2 Likes

I just sold my Volcas and a couple of POs. I have the microtonic and ko still, and was contemplating putting them up for sale as well, but I still have this idea that it would be cool to make a little beat tape with them, particularly since they don’t take up much space. In general, I agree with you though.

1 Like

They make great sample sources.

3 Likes

Overlord. The Elektron full-blown DAW!

1 Like

I can’t really imagine any new PO that would get me excited. I have a KO and made a couple really fun jams on it when I very first got it. Haven’t touched it since…nearly a year now. Just too squinty, fussy and not fun at all for me. Hoping this trend for ultra tiny gear is winding down soon. I’d much prefer an OP-Z the size of an OP-1, but that’s just me. The Elektron digi boxes are the perfect ‘small but powerful’ size, IMO. If I wanted to make music on my phone, I’d just make music on my phone :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They will announce overbridge was a failure and nobody will be given a refund. They will also release a new product designed with Elon Musk that shoots fire and plays beats, but the buttons don’t work and it might randomly decide to purge everyone within a 2 mile radius.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Actually they are probably releasing OB soon and it might be late but I’m thinking people who want it, will love it.

9 Likes

Don’t tease!

Yes, it was a troll post/'shop.

As far as live music goes, traditional/folk and Church bands buy a FUCKTON of equipment worldwide. Accordions will always be a desirable product.

I’m excited by a SE code in boutique form, with all the scale of industry Roland can offer (as in, boutique craft at mass market price point!)

TE OP 1/Z might happen for me in 2019 - for travel/portability (hipster beach supply, in my case: grey man wants to stay cool tools … :rofl:).

Whatever happens in NAMM, I am sticking with Elektron + Moog for hardware electronic music machines. Just making it easy for myself. No dwelling around, only those 2 or nothing. Done.

5 Likes

Pretty much my opinion as well.

Setting artificial limits on yourself can definitely be a good thing with so much gear out there.

For me, I’ve decided that I will only keep stuff in my studio that (1) actually gets used regularly (no theoretical keeping something “just in case I need to do x” scenarios), (2) inspires me to want to interact with it, and (3) looks good (it sounds superficial but in a small urban space that I share with my wife, my gear has to double as “art”).

I’m moving more and more toward the Dieter Rams mantra of “Less but better”.

(Less also has the advantages of fewer cables, power bricks, and dust. Also, there’s only so much time in the day to use stuff).

6 Likes

I predict hordes of bearded guys complaining about lack of individual outputs, large screens and ability to customise the gear on the level of a lego millennium falcon.

9 Likes