NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

Was just listening to some of your ambient modular stuff … I like those textures a lot!

1 Like

Thank you very much! :blush:

New MIDI foot controller from Singular Sound. MIDI over Bluetooth, MIDI DIN and USB (prototype does not have it).

1 Like

Is it just me or does the demo song sound like something straight out of Ghosts I-IV By NIN?

Yeah, agree. Could be an outtake or demo track from ghosts

I wanna see these guys do a 1½ hour mega jam together.

1 Like

Deckard’s Dream wasn’t the only synth displayed by Black Corporation - there’s another polysynth that was spotted at NAMM:

1 Like

Seems to be a no-show… Will ask said buds next time I see them.

So much for the “birdies in Asheville tweeting about a new Moog polyphonic mindblower/game changer” or whatever that guy said on the Prologue thread.

1 Like

Looks like a virus

Or does a Virus (and the new synth) look like a Polykobol?

2 Likes

OMG: “That’s for sure a new PolyKobol”

1 Like

To be honest, i did expect a Arturia poly with a matrixbrute like interface. But the new Minibrutes are kind of nice.

Just out of personal interest: What was your highlight at this years NAMM?

For me it was the Quantum and the Digitone. Some interesting modular and semi modular stuff, but i have to stay away from that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going Digitone and Zoia

5 Likes

Digitone and the new phase modulation synth in Bitwig.

1 Like

The DFAM.

WMD Geiger Counter Pro

Looks like this got missed – and it deserves at least a mention. WMD will ship it in February. It’s a Effects box with bit-crushing and wave-shaping. It’s an improved version, better quality sound and preset storage, of their Geiger Counter.

Cuckoo has this video on it.

I think the Zoia will pretty much eclipse most effects pedals now, unless there is something pretty extraordinary.

1 Like

+1.

Digitone & Zoia.

BOOM :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes the Zoia looks really interesting, would love to get something like this but a little bit bigger to build complete synth with it (burst if I understood correctly that’s already possible!). But it’s already pretty awesome concept!

EDIT: It would be awesome if you could link multiple units together to create even deep synth (maybe multiple voices) and fx units. But I will keep an eye on this invention, it’s already cool as f%!k!

digitone for me, had 0 interest in fm synthesis or even buying a physical synth but man I would like one.

1 Like