NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

I would complain if I considered buying one, but the Kronos isn’t something i‘m intressted. But it has lots synth engines and sounds of existing instruments!

Blue is the color of the background for the Digitakt.

Green is the color of the background for the Analog Four MK2

Yellow is the color of the background for the Analog Heat

Gray is the color of the background for the Octatrack MK2

And that black one on the right back??? Digitone? Or for Overbridge?

NAMM did not even start, but i‘m already disappointed.
Only :3lektron: has the potential to introduce GAS, in my case. (Accsess too, but i kind of already know, there will be no new Virus :frowning: )

2 Likes

And the RYTM?

Rythm MK2 is between green and blue…greenblueish

2 Likes

I once thought Korg could make a killer synth if they just used the MOD-7, MS-20, Polysix, and AL-1 engines, with the Karma stuff on top Sell it for $1900 (about the price of the Prologue 16). Korg probably figured after King Korg sales, nobody would buy this KronoSynth, because peeps would whine about no real analog, others about no sample loading, etc.

Kronos 2 starts at nearly $3000 for the 61-key model - now that is a flagship price. Pa4X is even costlier.

1 Like

If they would release a cheaper desktop version and add a few LFOs an Envelope Generators i would be much more interested. I‘m sure the Kronos is perfect for someone who can play keyboard/piano, and for people who don’t want to tweak own sounds and like presets. Maybe it’s the interface that turns me off. Maybe the fact that in my genre (psy, techno) doesn’t need often pianos, organ and strings very often(if I need something like this, i just use samples). If I had enough money i would probably more interested. But even then, i would probably choose a Yamaha montage. A montage in Modul/Desktop form would be awesome, but vsti’s like FM8 is awesome too and much more affordable.

That’s why I was saying Korg should create a synth-only little brother of the Kronos - because Kronos has several synth engines that don’t do acoustic piano or strings. MOD-7 and the 3 VA engines combined with Karma has plenty of tweaking power. Karma operates kind of like the Elektron’s trig conditions stuff, except with quite a bit more tweakability.

Yamaha should do a synth-only little brother of Montage for that matter - just give us the 8-op FM part.

And yeah, both of them (Little Kronos, Lil’ Montage) should be available in module form.

1 Like

There are actually 6 panels being painted in that video. One is just out of shot on the left.

Maybe it’s the RYTM mk2? But who knows, if elektron really wanted us to belive that they have nothing new, they would be clever enough to choose the perfect angle, pictures etc …

Maybe i should just take my Valium, sleep until elektron unveils there new gear (Today my holiday started;))
Is there a specific time when they present the gear or do all NAMM exhibitors show they things from start to end?

They‘ll be live on facebook at 10am PST.

4 Likes

Seen on operator-1…

http://frontman.cz/teenage-engineering-po-novy-sampler-a-vokalni-syntezator

Google translation:

O-33 K.O! works like a classic sampler. The 40-second sampled songs can be saved as melodic and played back chromatically or as drums, allowing you to create a whole drum kit from your own sounds.

The PO-35 speaks to manufacturers as a vocal synthesizer with eight different sound characters. It sampled up to 120 seconds and the recordings can then be transposed and further edited.

Both Pocket Operators have built-in step sequencer, effects (PO-35 eight, PO-33 sixteen) and speaker. Like the other POs, they can be synchronized over the audio clock with 3.5 mm connectors, and they understand perfectly with each other, OP-1 synthesizer, or miniature colleagues from Korg Volca and other devices.Sampler and synthesizer can be used again as a clock with an alarm, and there will be no funny animations on the display. There are two AAA batteries that provide continuous monthly operation or two years of use if you sometimes turn off the power.

5 Likes

If they ARE releasing a new product, this might be their most effective/efficient teaser they’ve done yet.

No resources going into any videos(I miss them though)- just a slight hint towards a product they might announce on their forum- now there’s a speculation article being spread concerning this nebulous notion.

Brilliant

More news: Roland TR-808 and TR-909 as officials plugins. Based on Roland’s ACB technology (a simulation of the actual analog components). The ACB technology was used for the boutique models and for the plug-outs of Roland’s system-1 and system 8. Wait it gets even better…the whole thing is gonna cost you only 20$… Per month.

But now you will be finally able to get the most wanted thing ever. The computer simulated simulation of the simulation of a drumset, the 808 and 909.

Sorry, I’ll get more and more cynical the older I get.
But i have problems with only cloud based plugins, but that’s no problem since the last thing i need more are 808 sounds. I use samples. Or something superior, a RYTM!

13 Likes

Interesting! They don´t have the color red used yet…

literally dying of GAS

2 Likes

Hit the emergency release valve for gods sake!

3 Likes

Couldn’t help but think of this

7 Likes

lol classic

Good news for Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element users…

:heavy_minus_sign:DSP!!:heavy_minus_sign:

This plus an entire new control software with added features that was released a few months ago, not too shabby for a device over three years old… I never suspected I’d be getting dsp fx 3 years later… :slight_smile:
(-free update-)

2 Likes