NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

Eventide H9000 will be on display :money_mouth_face::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I hope akai makes an MPC studio with 16 q link knobs. I need a q link controller for MPC2.0

Since Korg already revealed they flagship synth, i wonder what Roland will show us. Any rumours?
I would love to see them, making innovative and NEW stuff again, like the used to do long time ago. But since the boutique models sold like crazy, there is not much hope…

After all the „leaks“ and other announcements, I stil don’t show any signs of GAS :thinking: some interesting stuff, sure, but nothing that blew me away…

Bizzare that the Prologue is Korgs flagship synth :sleeping:
Hopefully we see something worthy from another company released

Or at least an FX send and return so you can incorporate your pedals. My only gripe with this one is that the loop length is fixed for all tracks. It’s set by the first track. So if your first loop is 4 bars long, all the other tracks will also be 4 bars long. You can’t have independent loop lengths.

I know the OT is capable but I really wish Elektron or someone would step in with a looper/performance mixer. Let’s say:

8 tracks/channels with faders and panning
Analogue filter or EQ per track/channel
2x efx send returns
Independent track lengths
Reverse playback and pitch shift
Mute/solo channels

No need for EFX for me personally.
Something that takes from the old electrix repeater and Roland rc505

1 Like

Oh no is that it from Nord at Namm?
I give up :unamused:

3 Likes

At least IT has a flagship price

1. Good one lol

After the hype generated from the proposed new Elektron digital box, are people still interested in a boring old analog AKmk2?

2 Likes

@d2ba Have you removed that post because you let it slip that Elektron is releasing a AKmk2 with sampling capability (you mentioned this was one of 4 possible new synths at NAMM in a previous post) :thinking: :joy:
Disappointing. Was hoping it was a Nord Lead 5, one of the other 4 synths mentioned. Dammit

1 Like

No, it’s still the Kronos (2nd gen).

The Pa4X is even more expensive - indicative of the R&D that goes into that type of keyboard, and the number of customers willing to pay that much for one.

1 Like

Does this stand up against the Nord drum?

Depends on what you’re trying to do. I don’t care about triggering from pads, personally, so this is no threat to my beloved Nord Drum 2.

1 Like

Your wallet will thank you this year!

1 Like

Korg called it „the new flagship“ synth…

You’re right… they do… say it… here… http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/

Well, a manufacturer can say whatever they think is going to sell a product. Maybe my idea of flagship is kind of old school now.

Yes i don’t think it’s a real flagship either, but what should they say? „We have this new synth, not as good as our Kronos, but yeah, that’s the new one.“ XD

It sells for a flagship price at least. :wink:

I’ve no opinion on it, other than I think it’s funny.

You’ll never see anyone complaining about only one LFO on the Kronos.

1 Like