MyVolts Ripcord, issues

I got sent three Ripcords before one of them worked. Birdcord worked first time and is working as we speak. Powers DN, DT and OT without a hiccup, from either of my power banks.

2 Likes

Ripcord has been unreliable for my octatrack with a battery pack.

1 Like

I will second the sentiments here in recommending Birdcord so long as you have the right power bank. Mine have been working well so far, but I’ve only gigged with them twice.

1 Like

I think the same goes with the ripcords – you need to have a decent spec. battery pack. The trouble, I think, is the physics of Ohm’s law (P = I*V). USB spec for current output (even for the high output usb 2.0) is only about 2.3 Amps. When you’re going from 5 volts to 12 volts, the current output is reduced proportionally and is often not quite enough power some elektron boxes. I am surprised one could power an MPC One with a ripcord – doesn’t it require 19 volts on the input?

I use this to power an OT and DN with birdcord.

1 Like

Just to add my experience. Rip Chords I have found to be hit and miss, Birdchords I have found to be very reliable and just work. I use an Anker Power Pack from amazon and a Bird Chord with my OTmkII and it is fine. Same set up powers Virus Ti Snow, too.

(This power brick Anker PowerCore 20100 - 20000mAh Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with Powerful 4.8A Output, PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 7/6s/SE, iPad and Samsung Galaxy S8/S7 and More (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo)

EDIT: why can’t i type “cord”??!

2 Likes

ripcords work great until they all of a sudden don’t

1 Like

I can only confirm that Elektron PSU which comes with digitakt works well with omnicharge with AC outlet and from what you say @LyingDalai its the safest way to power digi - thanks !

okay nevermind, i wrote a post about how the ripcord was working great and now i’ve just purchased a birdcord

i’ll post an update!