What.
The.
F.

1 Like

Chapeau

That is some seriously messed up math.

By the wayā€¦ you have got the Fibonacci Sequence wrongā€¦ look it upā€¦

Sighā€¦

Iā€™m going to the video link and see if it is part of the flat earth channel.

3 Likes

Tuning is just a tool to sculpt sounds. Itā€™s not a system, or a religion, or a doctrine. If tuning assists in sound design, then by all means go for it. Beyond that, there are better metaphysical systems to occupy ones time. But, whatever floats peoples boats.

4 Likes

I agree. Tuning is there as a reference point for all the sounds in a composition.
We use hertz as a measure of frequency, which in turn depend on time, for which we use seconds, derived from the earthā€™s rotation, which in self is not always constant. Getting to stuck up on numbers is a distraction from actual music making.

4 Likes

I often find myself using 72 bpm for my projectsā€¦

So 7+2 = 9

I start with considering 60 bpm as magical for no good reason but it works hereā€¦

So 6 + 0 = 6

And 72 - 60 = 12 and 1 + 2 = 3

So Iā€™ve got the magic numbers of 3, 6, and 9.

And here is a visualization of the Elektron clock:

I await nirvanaā€¦

4 Likes

WE ARE LIVING A LIE

3 Likes

I happen to love mathematics.

So in the spirit of sharing a credible source of wonderful videos on many aspects of math, I offer this:

3Blue1Brown youtube channel:

I loved this one on Taylor Seriesā€¦ an extension of a vid on Fourier Series (very relevant to DSP synthesis).

And this on an unusual numerical patternā€¦

2 Likes

I prefer 420ā€¦ :rofl:
I always make sure Iā€™m set at 420 before I play musicā€¦ It sounds a lot better, I can just feel it more, and really get into the grooveā€¦ Way mysticalā€¦

6 Likes

I donā€™t know what this is topic is all about, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s about the pineal gland frequency activation?? :thinking:

Yep, there like way totally calcified with florideā€¦

1 Like

If anyone actually cares this link debunks most of this 432 nonsenseā€¦

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for my English)
For people who say that there is no sense in 432hz.

1 year (31536000 seconds).

The frequency of the rotation of Earth around Sun
1 : 31536000 seconds = 0.000000031709792 Hz
(Hz = Hertz = cycle per second)

This frequency multiple doubled into the audible range:
0.000000031709792 Hz x 232 = 136.1 Hz
(232 means 32-fold doubling).

136.1 Hz is almost C# (A 440) . So if we tune our C# to 136.1 Hz our A will become (guess what?) 432.1 Hz!

So with that tuning, we can be in more resonance with frequencies of our solar system.
What sense of this? For example, life on our planet appeared thanks to these cosmic cycles.

1 Like

Dude, Iā€˜m in. Letā€˜s tune in!

Who or what can feel such a low frequency?
Nowadays we should tune to WIFI or 3,4,5G frequencies! :smile:

Tune your gear however you like.
Just mind you donā€™t accidentally summon Cthulhu from his eternal slumber, driving all who hear his call to madness and enslavement. That would put a bit of a dampener on things.

5 Likes

complete bunkum

as is any attempt to derive musical significance from arbitrary definitions

numbers are fun and can be significant in life cycles (e.g. cicada primes), but this 432 nonsense is not even remotely worthy of being labelled psuedo-science - itā€™s wishy-washy anti-science and really rather foolish (like astrology) - thatā€™s not to say people canā€™t derive their own meaning and comfort from it, but please donā€™t kid yourself that there is (or could ever be) any plausible scientific justification - there isnā€™t, itā€™s an absurdity - to explain why would be no more rewarding than to explain the error in their thinking to a flat-earther

thereā€™s nothing wrong in this being significant to anyone, but donā€™t try to pass it off as scientific or musically profound or useful

6 Likes

I want to play in resonance with Earth rotation around the Sun to increase its amplitude and displace Earth orbit more closely to Mars(or even further). So we donā€™t need a space ship for space travel.
No esotericism or astrology just pure physics. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Top trolling.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I dunno, I reckon a dose of Ancient One chaos would be a good giggle right now. Certainly better fodder for the media than Twump and C19.

1 Like