My little digitone ambient album made during the last quarantine

Today I suddenly decided to revisit the ambient sketches I made on the digitone during the last lockdown period in China. I recorded and uploaded them to say goodbye to that period of time. All recorded in one go in overbridge and no processing. Hope some of you enjoy it.

41 Likes

Nice, very soothing! :slight_smile:

thx man! :laughing:

Very nice

1 Like

Like it.
Soothes the pain away.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Good stuff, I like it!

1 Like

Thx everyone who gave me those kind words and gave this thing a listen. Really appreciate the feedback. I actually expected this thread to sink haha. Always been too perfectionist to post my music out there, guess this is really a good start.

3 Likes

with.wind is my favorite. Beautiful sounds throughout each song. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

thanks! my fav as well. it is the one of those experiments that went wrong in a very pleasant way, and I enjoy it a lot.

Enjoying the delicate mood, calming atmosphere. :thup:

ęˆ‘å¾ˆé«˜čˆˆ
(only sentence my kid could teach me)

1 Like

Haha! č°¢č°¢ä½ ļ¼I am happy as well! I just wanna say it has been great to see your kind words and I learnt quite a lot in your tips and tricks posts. :grin:

1 Like

I have to add that I strongly emphasize with suffering the severity of the Chinese lockdown.
The few videos that leaked out were bloodcurdling.
I do hope youā€™re safe now, and getting better, even if you still have to watch your words.
Take care of yourself.

Thank you for your kind words. I am lucky to be a healthy young man in a well-equiped university dorm during those times, so there wasnā€™t much pain tbh, just stiffness and lack of freedom. Guess thatā€™s what I try to cure with music. And as you know things are basically back to normal now. By the way, I donā€™t have to watch my words because they canā€™t censor me here haha.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting your album. I like it. It inspires me to (one day!?) try and finish something.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. I am unable to finish music as well. Kind of cheated a little bit here because it is ambient music, and I can just jam a long time with one idea and be done with it. No need to care about arranging and practicing.
In terms of getting ideas I guess lockdown with not much to do gave me the time to make something every day, while listening to podcasts or waiting food etc. That and doing a lot research really helps.

1 Like

Lovely music. Very soothing, calm and effective use of the Digitoneā€™s four channels. Itā€™s always inspiring when someone makes full bodies of work with just one kit. Well done, mate.

2 Likes

great stuff!
I really like the texture pad in glass.noise and the long delay in sharp.blue

1 Like

Excellent I love it. Iā€™m used to not like that much ambient but yours is enought melodic to keep me active. :100:

1 Like

Thx. Didnā€™t dig ambient stuff either before I got my hands on a Digitone and saw the brilliant tuturials by red means recording and oscillator sink. Now I just find this type of music so fun to make and listen. Thanks to the Elektron sequencer with its rules and probability, and adding some weird polymeter on top, you will never get the same sound twice and it has been kind of a therpy to open these patterns and just noodle around.

1 Like

glad to hear that. that pad is actually just a chunk of feedback noise with its route to main turned off, so we only heard the wet and soothing signal. and the long delay is a failed attempt to do karplus-strong on digitone, having the shortest delay time and random lfo it in and out.

1 Like