My 5th octatrack

You visiting Aus?

Moving there in Feb after a holiday in Bali. Probably Melbourne but still scoping it out.

2 Likes

Am still on my first OT, but it feels like the 5th one. We have such an on/off relationship. The :green_heart: is deep though.

5 Likes

I think Iā€™ve owned a half dozen Monomachines (including a few SFX6ā€™s), the Sidstation at least three times, and four or five Machinedrums (some UWā€™s). the Octatrack, I got it when it first came out and just wasnā€™t all that into sampling, and didnā€™t use the midi sequencer, so I sold it. bought one about five years later and use the hell out of both ā€œsidesā€ of it now. basically, my music changed and itā€™s necessary now.

honestly I think Elektron gear is the only gear Iā€™ve bought/replaced, with a couple exceptions. I think itā€™s just that they all have a very distinct sound. if your style/approach changes, they may not fit it so well any more. outside of the Octatrack/Digitakt I guess, since they are what you put into them.

If you sold your first Octatrack then you are going to Hā€¦

I been researching / lusting after other grooveboxes the past few days, a bit obsessively as you do :smile:
sp16, New rolands etc, and to be honest itā€™s only made me appreciate my OT more.

2 Likes

bought and sold 2 MDā€™s and then rebought the last one after I sold it from the same personā€¦then sold it again later. Same with the MN :persevere:

2 Likes

I can relate to that kind of carry on :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve been using 2 MK2s for the last 12 months. Terrific.

Iā€™m selling one of them now though as Iā€™ve moved to a RYTM and Octatrack pairing.

I fully understand the bond.

5 Likes

Iā€™m on an Elektron rebuy trajectory now. Canā€™t say Iā€™ll never sell again, but I do keep coming back to this remarkable gear.

3 Likes

Everyone in here posting about how theyā€™ve bought and sold the same piece of gear 5 or 6 times, is this a cry for help? Not bashing, but this is legitimately very strange behavior. You do you though! But seriously what in the world :joy:

2 Likes

I donā€™t get it either :man_shrugging:

I really donā€™t understand why anyone would sell a piece of equipment they like even a single time. If you want to buy another piece of gear, just wait a little while and let the amount of money in your bank account grow larger. If you bought it and didnā€™t take the time to learn it the first time, sold it, and then re-bought it later with the intent to go deeper, alright. If you bought it and need the money urgently for an emergency, alright. But 5 or 6 times?!? What!?!? I canā€™t wrap my head around it. I hoard all my gear and even if I donā€™t use something for a year, two years, itā€™s waiting for me when I want it.

4 Likes

Noā€¦ well, not for me at least. With the MonoMachineā€¦ on paper, it always looks amazing. Reality though is I just donā€™t gel with it / itā€™s not for me. I just donā€™t like the core tone.

Four of those were MkIā€™s; one was the SFX-6 Keyboard (Maybe Iā€™d like it more with a keyboard? No), and one was the MkII (Maybe Iā€™d like it more with user waves? No)

Sad thing is I see a seventh in my near future :expressionless:

4 Likes

If you donā€™t like the core tone, why are you planning on buying again?

1 Like

I legitimately laughed out loud. I can contact a loved one on your behalf to -discretely- let them know that this cycle is occurring, just DM me.

2 Likes

PM Sent :heart:

1 Like

Received, will be in contact.

2 Likes

What you got to trade? :wink:

1 Like

send help

:sos::musical_keyboard: