Mutable Instruments - Open source code rewritten for Organelle

Curious how many notes poly would you expect get out of the Braids patch? And generally for other patches on the unit? Presumably depends on patch complexity?
How does the unit react when max poly has been reached?

I agree, Shreeswifty’s patches are excellent also, definitely itches that experimental and random / generative spot in my soul.

1 Like

I got a used one from an Aussie Ebayer a while back, they must of purchased it from the States, haven’t seen them around anywhere here.

i’m loving what you’ve made so far… but i’m wondering about the actual resonator functions from rings though, is that something you’re working on or maybe it’s already hidden in the bits you’ve released :slight_smile:
i basically bought an organelle AND an axoloti to try and make resonators for my guitar but still struggling to make ones that sound anything like Rings, ( even copying the signal path diagram from the parasites website… just can’t get it anything to tune or create harmonics in the same way)

1 Like

@psyclone001 I put 4 voices on braids , though didn’t really try to see how many was possible.
( I also added an ‘expensive’ moog filter and reverb)

@_dspk yeah, I wasn’t going to do rings , as it seemed similar to elements resonator, but later on closer inspection decided I will add - pretty quick for me to do.
Did you try lmnts already, that will accept ext in into resonator.

Also I need to open up the other resonator modes on elements - it’s already on the external, just need to add it to patch , and test the mode more thoroughly.

1 Like

dang no!
i never looked further in lmnts because when i first tried to load it said it needed a file on an SD card … will try and sort that out and give it another shot

are you talking about organelle or Axoloti here?

Organelle doesn’t refer to the sd-card.

Axoloti, needs as sd-card to be inserted, but it will transfer the appropriate files automatically when you compile for the board… this is because the resource table is too big to be in the code section, so instead, we have it as a file on the sdcard, which is loaded into sdram when the patch starts.
… so you should only get an error if you don’t have an sdcard inserted…
(frankly, id recommend always having an sdcard for Axoloti anyway ;))

anyway, if you have an organelle try that first its a bit more functional, and easier to experiment with (via patch), then once working, you can transfer that experience to Axoloti if required.

In the next firmware release for Axoloti, I’ve introduced a new ‘modules’ feature, which will mean (amongst other benefits) MI objects can be updated without firmware releases - I’ll also take the opportunity to ‘refresh’ the objects a bit, and take some of the ideas I’ve had from doing the Organelle versions.
note: expectation management - the next firmware is still very much in development, so its not imminent… but Johannes is working hard on it.

1 Like

awesome, thanks for the tips. on the axoloti so will throw an sd card in it.

( i can’t quite get on with the organelle - really just from a physical level. the knobs are a bit wobbly and i don’t find them as responsive or easy to use as the ones i’ve wired up on the axoloti with the musicthing board. )

1 Like

Odd, knobs on my organelle are quite similar to the ones on my axocontrol.
But I kind of know what you mean about ‘feel’ and I do plan to do a bit of work on that on the organelle in my next ‘big’ project for it :wink:

Currently (and its early organelle days for me still) , I enjoy using the organelle to explore/experiment, then once my ideas are more solid, patching up in Axoloti.
They make a good team (oh and I use Axoloti as a midi bridge/fix unit for organelle too)

From a reply from a user on the C&G forum to a similar question regarding cpu potential.
“I saw a post where they were maxing at around 80% CPU with something ridiculous like 800+ oscillators lol. Without the GUI, PD runs very efficiently, and the hardware / Linux overhead is really small since it is running Arch.”
I can’t say I’ve tested this, but with a simple patch that plays dedicated wavs of rhodes piano notes across 4 octaves - I had 5 octatrack tracks of midi sequencing running into it at one point, it didn’t sound like the polyphony was even limited at all and it wasn’t maxing out the CPU. When the CPU is maxed out, it seems to be when you use too large buffers in real time effects processing/mangler patches (think somebody said the limit is like 4 seconds) - the effect is that the sound crackles.

1 Like

Ordered my Organelle! :ecstatic:

Can’t wait to pair this up with the Digitakt and my modular.

4 Likes

OS 3.0 released.

New features include:

Patch sub-folders & Favorites
Draw graphics on the OLED screen right from Pd
Launch patches written in other languages (e.g. SuperCollider)
Built-in web-based patch manager for uploading patches and sound files

1 Like

Oh dayyum… Organelle just reentered my radar…