Mutable Instruments Beads

After Later Audio Monsoon seems to be a popular Clouds alternative - meaning, a module that runs the Clouds software. Heard about it via RickyTinez or other Youtuber. Might be too popular for OG Clouds to sell for high prices in the used market.

I’ve also heard of Microcell and Supercell.

Oh!
Just when I was about to sell my last modules…

And it’s Mutable final module!

3 Likes

Bittersweet…sad for us, but great for Emilie.

Has she said what her plans are going forward?

Mines been in the sale thread for over a year I think :confused:

damn. I bought and sold one last year. was my first module. but I couldn’t handle the extra 5k to get into modular. I honestly don’t know how anyone does

Not that I know of. Just out of the Euro game, which is what she’s been aiming for for awhile.

It takes a special kind of genius to see brilliant things that were obvious yet no one spotted. Emilie has done that a couple of times in my opinion but atteurandomizers is yet another one.

2 Likes

Although Beads, seems that US are under a severe “Clouds” sky! :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile:
I’m waiting for some Mouser components (TX) since 2 weeks, now stuck in Memphis HUB, in order to build some Mutable DIY modules.

BTW, so far, Beads could be the first factory module I’ll buy.
Features wise, I don’t know if I can wait for it being open sourced by Èmilie, especially for the improved DSP and controls.
I’ve recently built a Typhoon, but I’m not sure to keep it as I don’t like that much the slider controls ergonomy for those params. Probably biased by the original clouds pot controls used previously.

Whelp I caved. My first Mutable, my first release day module (in EU hitspace.hu / soundria.com has a literal pile).

If this were a minor manufacturer I would wait to see if the feature list matched the reality. But this is Mutable were talking and that feature list is insane.

Ready to jangle and twirl.

4 Likes

and last one for now, as I can imagine this might be overwhelming and distracting for some people (and I apologise for that in advance), so here’s something very gentle indeed to show Beads with no other effects all, just playing percussion through it

15 Likes

In the contrary, thank you dear to feed us with beautiful material that satisfies our curiosity :tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m very consciously of adding to the noise around us, so very much appreciate your kind response!

5 Likes

I broke my “no new gear in 2021” resolution for this! I sold my Clouds shortly before it was discontinued and immediately regretted it. Eventually replaced it with a Monsoon but Beads appears to be different enough to warrant keeping both. Can’t wait to try Rings into Beads.

1 Like

Do the ol’ HP limit thing.
I dunno…just a suggestion.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this. After going overboard (for me) with 500ish HP of modules, I decided to sell off a chunk, commit myself to a one case limit (360hp), and I’m feeling happy about it. It both kills off some GAS and keeps me focused.

For me, I’ve gotta limit gear in general or I lose focus with all the trouble shooting, setup, and workflow.

2 Likes

going in with BEADS

12 Likes

Sounds amazing.

does anyone use their modulars to do music stuff rather than random bleeps and squarks?

2 Likes

adding:…thats not “ambient” or “techno” :slight_smile:

… of course