Music Posters and other studio decorations

I never really got past my teenage years. I have a new room that is very very white and I am looking for cool music posters to decorate my room.

The usual stuff that is found online is rubbish. You know, The Beatles logo and all that Ikea shit.

Does anybody know where I can find some good ones? I am really into actual pictures of musicians, I find them inspirational.

Also, photography books suggestions are welcome.

It would be nice if the shops were in the European Union, I don’t feel like paying customs.

Thank you for your suggestions!

1 Like

This opened a while ago in Stockholm and I heard that he sells like crazy. The more expensive and rare the faster they sell. Theres probably similar stores around europe. Check out the black lights!

https://www.vintageaffischer.se/

1 Like

What kind of music do you listen to? I have bought a few amazing prints directly from the artists after the gig at the merch table in festivals.

Many will also sell and ship from their bandcamp / big cartel stores.

I listen to a lot of different stuff.

Techno, House, Acid, Hardcore, Industrial, Jazz, Hip Hop, Psychedelic stuff, Synth Pop, Folk, Blues… The list goes on. Mostly old stuff.

The ‘House music’ one was part of my 40th birthday gift from my partner a few years ago. They ordered the print, and then went to a framing shop to have it put in a nice frame.

The Moon Safari one is the album on 12" in a vinyl record frame.

The robot is a print from the science museum, which I then bought a frame for.

Cash, Bowie, Akira similar deal.

Silver surfer and Killing Joke Joker, were from an arts festival.

Inception was a reimagined print that an artist I know did. I really liked it and bought it from them. Then went to the frame shop and got it framed to go with the house music one.

And just out of frame is a blue one. That’s an image of the waveform from my son saying ‘I love you daddy’ which was a father’s day gift.

I was finding the Etsy, ebay, etc stuff very boring, like the Beatles logo you mentioned, so decided that I’d bide my time and when I find something, stick it in a nice frame.

Just have this hanging in my music corner so far.

Some years ago, I’ve just googled for my favorite artists plus poster, downloaded my favorites and printed them on photo paper in poster size. Looked alright and loved it, but if you print it on paper, it would even look nicer. There’s plenty of good jpegs available and you should get decent enough prints. It’s not pictures however, you’ll mostly get great artwork by dedicated artists that have nothing to do with the band’s/musician’s own artwork and style.

1 Like

Vinyls are a bit cliche but make nice decoration, if you find a bunch that go together.

I am quite fond of Elektron retro posters to be frank, but I can understand it’s not everyone’s taste.

1 Like