Music (for babies) to fall asleep to

Nice tips here! A lot of Eno :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ll add a very minimal ambient album i made 20 years ago. It works for me to fall asleep.

ā€œSTILL let you hear slow-moving and shifting sounds in minimal melodies. The sounds and notes are becoming scarce and leave more room for silence. In the end, after one hour, the silence is complete.ā€

1 Like

We often play music from the band ā€œAlbum Leafā€ for my daughter.
Iā€™d recommend a curated playlist for sleep though as occasionally there are some drums that can be sorta loud.
Two great albums:
Into the Blue
Safe Place

2 Likes

Heartbeat of the parent still works best here.

3 Likes

Enoā€™s Music for airports (on noise-cancelling headphones) is perfect for transatlantic flights!

1 Like

There is also this https://ambientsleepingpill.com/

Highly recommended for sleeping or just chilling in general.

Iā€™d go as far as saying itā€™s just about perfect FULL STOP!

Ha honestly twice this week toddler woke up at 12:00 and 10:30 and decided he didnā€™t want any more sleepā€¦ killer for work in the morning! But kinda cute when he crawls onto your chest, cuddles you and starts kissing your face at 2am! Makes the complete lack of gear completely worthwhile :heart::heart::heart:

Polaroid Piano is amazing - canā€™t believe I havenā€™t heard this before. Heā€™s out like a light! Good combo of dulled piano and weird background sounds. Definitely a keeper, for both of us! Thank you!

Ooh this is nice Daren, thanks.

1 Like

My toddler was screaming, laughing, and flailing excitedly all over and jumping up and down on the bed (and my head) all while waking up the 2 month old baby in the cradle next to the bed. Then he didnā€™t want to go back to sleep until 4:00am and screamed and cried for 2 hours or pretended to be asleep then came out and started the party again.

Yep but wonā€™t sleep with me. He just slaps me in the face or sits on my head and then gets down from the bed and starts dismantling our bedroom :woman_facepalming:t2:

Yea, that still happens too. No way around sleep deprivation with the little ones.
:baby:
:zzz:
:hear_no_evil:

little bit of whiskey on the dummy hold their hand
and put this onā€¦

Reminds me of DE9 Closer To The Edit by Richie Hawtin, one of my favourite albums ever.

1 Like

aye kind ofā€¦ if slowed down by 3/4 and took the beats out.

good textures in DE9ā€¦

Lullatone has some lovely stuff

Songs that spin in circles
https://youtu.be/K4ayCBDidYA

when its asleep. throw some h in yer pipe and settle down to this. you deserve it.

4 children and this never failedā€¦