Music (for babies) to fall asleep to

Any recommendations for some very chilled, slow, evolving arp / sequence music for babies to fall asleep to? Or maybe some beautiful chilled piano music or other chilled classical too. Thanks.

2 Likes

reminded me of this (wrt being famously utilised in some maternity wards) ā€¦

a little off-brief but wonā€™t harm to consider it

4 Likes

You could try the snugglesounds app from Dominic Hawken. Thereā€™s a variety of different sounds so you could try different ones. This is intended for all ages, both for sleep and relaxation. Itā€™s completely free.

Manuel Gƶttsching - E2E4

1 Like

Music for Airports by Brian Eno worked EVERYTIME for my littā€™lun.
So much so, heā€™s 11 now puts it on himself if he canā€™t sleep.
Sleep Better by Tom Middleton and Relax Better by him also.

3 Likes

Thanks, I tried Enoā€™s Ambient 1, Loscilā€™s Endless Falls (which is one my favourite albums) and that ambient bonus CD Moby did years ago, but he doesnā€™t seem to like any of them.

He seems to like some of the more straightforward piano stuff by Nils Frahm and Reichā€™s Piano Phase.

He also likes Ava Maria - but it gets a little dark at points.

1 Like

Fabio Orsi :slight_smile:

Thanks Iā€™ll take a look

1 Like

Thanks - but a bit too hectic

Are these by Tom Middleton as in Cosmos or just a namesake?

I have played this piano mix hundreds of times for my kid to fall asleep to (he is now 6yo and I still play it sometimes):

Also, Suso Saiz did an album last year with a track on it called ā€˜Anti-stress for Babies and Familiesā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Raymond Scott - soothing sounds for baby.

Electronic music from the 60ā€™s made for babies.

5 Likes

No troll but I will put interviews up of audio engineers like Chris Lord Alge in my YouTube playlist and knock out after 15 minutes. I wake up every morning trying go into an SSL 4000E to fix my mixes too. Heā€™s got one of the most zen voices for me to hear.

3 Likes

Playing Sigur Ros very loudly worked surprisingly well on my newborn son 5 years ago!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Lots of drone-y stuff here. He seems to get freaked out by drones if he wakes up. Was looking more for some really simple chilled out sequences, no drones no drums etc. Just simple repeating patterns. Maybe the kind of thing you could make just using an A4 or an evolver with some really slow LFOs.

This forum is dead serious lol
(still waits for merzbow recommendations) :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about Ulla Straus ā€˜Big Roomā€™, chilled and repetitive:

2 Likes