Multi-timbral sound module - what to buy?

I have plenty of synth in my studio, but i feel i have the need for a multi-timbral module.
I “just” need to be able to play on 3-4 midi channels.

What else is out there?

I used to have a JV1080, that is not what I am looking for.

Virus, Nord, Blofeld, Nova… used to be a pretty standard feature on digital synths.

You could also use something like a laptop or ipad.

Preen fm 2
4 parts
Voices split across according to the operater used.
It has Scala support
28 different algorithms
Cc over midi
Small form factor.
Edit: to add on that the preen is relatively cheap.

1 Like

Digitone

5 Likes

MI Ambika - 6 part multitimbral 6 voice synth.

2 Likes

I know, right? It’s kinda obvious.

1 Like

Virus C. 32 voices, 16 part multitimbral.

+1 Virus

I’m about to put a Waldorf Blofeld up for sale £250 if that’s interesting for you?
P1090026

Emu proteus 1, none of these costly modules listed have anything close to a slap bass sound.

2 Likes

Futuresonus Parva

1 Like

What’s the smallest one? :smiley:

1 Like

You may wanna check out what Korg are bringing to namm.

P.s you can see it on the namm speculation thread. Wow!

Virus Snow/Ti or Supernova II

I’m thinking of buying one of these to sequence from OT. Would love a DN but I aint got funds for that anytime soon but the preen goes pretty cheap and is tiny. Heard some tidy demos.
Do you own one? I was wondering how useable the filters and other FX are and what the gate FX is exactly? Any hanging notes or midi choking?
Sorry for derailing - hopefully the op finds it useful!

2 Likes

I do own one and I would check out the manual
It has 7 modulation sources
Several filter types including a bit crush
User waves
Dx7 compatible patches, although I heard it’s just missing the feed back feature.
I sequence it with my squarp and it’s funtimes

1 Like

Cool, I’ll have a search for it. Man it seems a pretty sweet deal and packed with features. It has become very appealing !

1 Like

Did I mention it has a randomize function?
The engine, envelopes, and modulations can all be randomly adjusted at once or separately.
I don’t use it much myself unless I’ve finished a patch and want to throw some pepper into it.

1 Like

Being able to randomise individual functions sounds pretty useful! Need to update rytm an a4 to have a shot of that random generator.
Aye, I’m gonna keep an eye out for a cheap preen I think :+1:

I’m excited for you, I can’t stop using it when I get to programming it, so fun to get lost in. Good Luck on your journey.

1 Like