Multi-timbral sound module - what to buy?

Use the power of midi to play all your synths you have as a unique sounding poly! I am going to try that when my studio is set up. :slight_smile:

DSi rev2 or prophet

I’ve a fantom Xr loaded with cards as my rompler. The integra is the modern phatter equivalent.

Old fashioned but I still like the immediacy and reliability of plugging a midi cable from a sequencer to a piece of hardware with no pc in the path.

You could consider an MC101 which will give you 4 tracks of multi timbrality in a compact form and 3500 or more sounds

1 Like

Thank you for all the replies, I have looked at all of the suggestions, checked videos of what i didnt already have/had to check it out.

I am trying¨my luck with a blackbox, it might be able to do what i want. But I also need it for something else.

1 Like

I recently got my first multi-timbral - a Virus Snow.
I’m slowly moving from my mono-timbral (though much loved) Audiothingies P6 into the Snow… it can be quite intimidating at first (well, still is!) but I’m hoping it will be rewarding… it’s depth comes with the inevitably comes with some insane menu diving (lots and lots of pages) and I’m quite averse to working ITB, even if it’s for sound design (although I know it helps a lot when it comes to understanding the synth’s structure)…
I also find the interface a bit dangerous for live use, since when not in edit mode, one can easily change a preset by accident - I’m hoping memory muscle will help.

I have a gig on the 17th so I decided to go for it and make the change (from P6 to Snow)… hope it goes well!

you could also consider Nord Racks (there are many models), Blofeld (not a fan of the sound, can be glitch in multi-mode, from what I heard)… the new Korg Wavestate is 4-part multi, although I would wait to see if they release a desktop version, in case you don’t need keys…

PreenFM2 very stable with Elektron!

1 Like

Blofeld, TX81Z

Roland MC-707 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ensoniq ESQ1