MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

that’s a good question

To use arp on a drum program, simply add a MIDI track and select the drum track in the “send to” field.

5 Likes

The kind people at www.zamplersounds.com are donating their entire library of MPC Expansions today :pray:

9 Likes

If you want a good time, watch that official Akai overview video with a bottle of scotch and take a belt every time he says ‘now’.

All looks good, though, looking forward to checknig it out and then waiting for it to all appear on the Force. I agree that the lack of streaming is now looking pretty odd on the MPC - a lot of focus here on immediate / fast access to sounds and sets, but on a device that supports samples up to 20m long, reading everything into memory remains a bottleneck.

I can only imagine that they need to make sure it works well enough on the One, where an SSD isn’t an option.

3 Likes

Just ordered the X, so looking forward to trying that out. Thank you!

3 Likes

It’s been interesting watching the 2.11 videos… I now really want to get my hands on it for a few reasons, Probability being the biggest draw right now.

It got me thinking, this approach to pre-announcing an update is quite different to the usual ‘drop it out of the blue’ method, and I think it’s quite smart. It lets them (Akai) build up the anticipation of existing users, maybe iron out some things, and pick up some new sales through it being publicly discussed for longer.
Is it June 23rd yet?

1 Like

Does it work on One/Live/X also ? First time i hear about this (super) trick.

Try it like this.

5 Likes

Something I’ve learned watching the 2.11 videos is that it must be a technical impossibility to record or play back a guitar sample on the MPC, at least when it comes to the amp plugin.

3 Likes

:joy: well it’s something I’m looking forward to, I’ve been wanting to use the guitar with the MPC for some time and this might just be the push!

The tuner is a great new feature too.

I’ve been recording guitars a lot with my MPC and it works great. I usually use my Gt-1K core modeller and record straight in. One thing I’ve wanted to try for a while though is to re-amp; record the dry signal and then send it back out to the modeler and record the wet signal in a second track.

Otherwise I agree it’s a bit weird that there has been no demo of how the amp sim sound like with a guitar sound. I hope it’s somewhat good as it would make it quite easy to get setup for a quick recording session and try out a few different guitar sounds

1 Like

I expected the tuner to be an effect but come to think of it how would you tune a sample and see the tuner without jumping forwards and backwards. I have my doubts they will be implementing that now which is a shame. Cool for guitar though to have it built in

I haven’t really paid much attention but there might be other input options rather than just the physical inputs, like a buss maybe?

2 Likes

Recorded my guitar direct into the MPC for ages, not been any issue.

The amp effects will be so much fun to play with.

Not sure if it was obvious but I was joking. As a guitarist I was excited about the amps, but not a single video I’ve seen (including Akai’s) has bothered to put a guitar through it.

6 Likes

As someone that doesn’t play Guitar I prefer hearing synths, samples and drums through Amp fx but prefer hearing Guitar through FX Pedals (Rev, Del, Mod)

It’s odd because as someone that only uses synths, samples etc, I can only judge an FX pedal by hearing it on Guitar.

1 Like

Does the Force typically get MPC updates?

They’re kinda aligned in terms of updates, except the Force has a few little extras. I’m guessing a Force update will be out once the Mpc one is out of the door.

I’m sure it’ll get this round of additions, as all seems like stuff that can just be dropped straight in (and will keep the OS in sync). The keyboard-based stuff will also work much better natively on the Force, where you can play across multiple octaves at once.

1 Like