MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

I think if you swapped to a Force it wouldn’t be a seamless transition, as the One and the Force use completely different software. But swapping from a One to say a Live or X would totally work, since they all run the same software.

Edit: You would just want to make sure all the samples associated with your projects are moved over too.

2 Likes

You can use a USB class compliant audio interface with more I/O.

3 Likes

whoomp there it is

1 Like

its super fun…I do it on the Monomachine all the time. you can get some sick shit. :+1:t6:

1 Like

I think you could create a Keygroup program from a drum sample/whatever and arpeggiate that?

2 Likes

Not sure about the details of the update, but I’m ofc thankful for it, seems nice!

But I agree, some more modulation options would be a top priority in my mind. Also just improving core UI stuff like the mixer pages (Could we overview all tracks on one page? Reorder tracks?) Step sequencer, Piano roll etc

Food for thought. Thanks!

When i had the Live i didn’t get into Keygroups, but going forward, if i get the X i’ll look into it.

Thanks again.

1 Like
1 Like

Hang in there! Does it mean I can use the split/key zone feature to assign a pad from a drum kit to play a synth note from a plug-in or key group?

I WISH WISH WISH….an added feature to any companies probability feature would be…FREEZE. if you hear something cool you could lock it in, a la Marbles or Turing Machine. And be able to copy paste that to a new sequence BUT, maintain the ability to unlock it to experiment further, with new versions.

Kinda like Logics MIDI arp. It has random, but it randomizes one time, then has 4 variations. Cool, but, just 4 variations. And if you like it you can drag that midi data into the track, effectively freezing it.

The MPC had the ability to recall what you played, it would be nice to apply that to the last pass of the sequences probability output. Please please please. I forwarded that idea to them :crossed_fingers:t6::crossed_fingers:t6::crossed_fingers:t6:One day I hope.

3 Likes

I wish the mpc studio came in more colors than black, I’d grab a beige one for sure, pair it with a tablet…
the whole platform is just such an incredible music environment

Pretty decent update. I just hope one day they revamp the grid editor, at the moment i find it too hard to edit notes extensively.

Also just saw Marlow Digs video on the update and didn’t realise the rachet and probability were also under 16 levels which i think is super cool

1 Like

yeah it’s a nice update, I agree with him though about wishing they had included more in the setlist audition feature… it would have been sweet if we could audition everthing before having to load them up, hopefully it was just an oversight and will come in another update… it’s the little things like this that really make a difference and make the platform so great in other areas

1 Like

When is this available?

23rd of this month

1 Like

Thanks @captain8

Funny they are dropping videos before the release date. Not a bad thing, refreshing really!

1 Like

makes me feel like they’ve got some confidence at their backs… that’s a good sign, hopefully it’s a long lasting wind

2 Likes
  1. Try that thread for ideas.
  2. Play to a metronome at slow BPMS starting at 70 so you have control. Go up incrementally at 1bpm. Go .50bpm if you have to. The hardest part of drumming is keeping control at a slow BPM.
  3. Listen back to your play through so and hear when you are dragging or rushing. You need to get rid of those unintended drumming habits at slower BPMs or else your live playing and recording will suffer.
  4. Once you get metronome control down play to a solo guitar riff and listen to your recording against it.

Repeat steps 2-4 as many times a week possible. You’ll get so good that you wont need to shell out extra cash for finger drumming classes.

4 Likes

Metronome don’t lie! All good points here!

1 Like

Would be nice to have but i think it would be hard because audition works for individual wave files etc. In a project, you have too many parts sequennces, samples etc…which part would they pick for auditioning?