MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

Irony much?

Sounds like a dope update though. I’m curious about this line from the update list: “Updated Project Saving: XYFX location and Arp parameters are now saved and recalled with the MPC Project

Does this mean I can finally record XYFX automation on the master out? :sob: :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

They won’t. Either they add it or they don’t. No subscription for hardware bs.

1 Like

Fact: On the amp simulator the drive goes up to 11.

6 Likes

All i ask for is better modulation matrix/free running LFOs…….

3 Likes

Me…wrap around nudge. PLEASE!

adding: for the sequence, [shift] for just the page.

2 Likes

Proper mod matrix would make it basically an all in one modular, now that’s an update I’d be interested in. Select all notes for me. I hate the select tool but I’m aware most people don’t even bother to use it.

Anyone watch ave mcrees new video? On the new splash screen it now automatically scans for updates over wifi. That for me is more interesting than all announced features, definitely implies that more is coming. That plus all the blank plug-in slots. They are clearly planning this for the long run. Makes sense considering how long was between last gen MPCs and current gen

5 Likes

I think i’m about to buy an X…

1 thing i wish the Mpc’s had, which is on the Force, is the Arpeggiator. It’s really cool to run the arpeggiator with note repeat.

I suppose you can accomplish something similar by layer samples & using note repeat with velocity or random/round robin.

With a little trick you can already; I’ve described that in this post: MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2) - #35 by TBN

1 Like

Thanks for the info mate. Still not the way I’d like to do it (I don’t have a midi controller anyways :laughing:), but that’s not your fault. :smile: I just hope that they’ve added it or will add it in the future.

It does have an arpeggiator? Unless the force one is different I’m not sure

Does it work on Drum Programs?

Because on the Force you can use it with Samples & Drums & i don’t remember being able to do that on the Live, One etc.

1 Like

2.11 looks like a really useful update, lots of well thought out workflow enhancements and some fun new fx. Another great free update from AKAI.

3 Likes

oh I see nah it currently doesnt work on drum programs which sucks. I did look into this ages ago I recall there was a tubedigga video with a workaround. but yeah a workaround is a workaround

1 Like

Can you recommend and good resources for learning/improving your finger drumming?

Why do you need an arp on drums realistically? What’s the application?
(Genuinely asking/curious.)

I’d much rather be able to have polyphonic Note Repeat than have it cycling through drums in mono.

absolutely not a necessity but its just got fun applications. beyond drums too. its just another way to juggle sample chops. mostly because why should you not be able to use the arp on drum programs. its not the top of my list or anything, id like it though

2 Likes

The arpeggiator on samples feels unpredictable and dynamic. Especially if your samples are varied and when you have samples assigned to the Force’s 64 (or more) pads it’s amazing fun.

It might seem like a simple feature but it’s omission on the Mpc is making my decision really hard.

sorry for the noob question but about to take the plunge on MPC One (sorry Blackbox) and am 99% sure it will be more than enough for my needs – running it basically as a sound module from Hapax.

the only thing i’m not totally happy about is the single stereo outs for all programs but so far, for sampling, reasonably confident that all the MPC’s onboard FX will mean it’s not really an issue. in the event that somewhere down the road i wanted to upgrade to a Live, Force (Keys 61?), what’s the process for transferring any projects i create in the One? would it just be as simple as swapping an SD card from one box to the other? i assume since it’s all the same OS, there shouldn’t be any serious compatibility issues but . . . forearmed is forewarned

I never thought about using an arp on a drum program, but you are making it sound really cool for a chopped up sample. Now I want this feature lol.

1 Like

And then imagine if you have 4 layers per pad, round robin/pressure/velocity switching.