MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Would be disappointing for sure. I seem to recall reading/hearing you could map several parameters but I could be confusing myself (or letting wishful thinking take over!). Isn’t it usual for q-links to allow control of x number of parameters?

Edit - quick google and it seems as though it is roughly 1:1 in terms of q-link and parameters. Not a deal killer though.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you could time stretch a … let’s say… a Rihanna a Capella?

12 Likes

I smell a remix raffle coming up… :troll:

about the Q-links: do you guys know if they can be used for controls relative to the selected sound? for example, to control pitch of whatever pad/sound is selected, not a specific one? maybe that’s the idea from the start - I’ve never used an mpc

1 Like

With the new touch screen you will be able to assign the q links to do any task you want. That was mentioned in one the namm vids.

what I mean is if they can be used for example to control pitch for the selected sound, instead of the pitch of a specific sound… do you know what I mean? so it’s a pitch control to the whatever sound you’re modifying

That’s a good question. I haven’t seen that demonstrated but it was mentioned that you can have custom q links.

Is it clear from any demo that you can keep working on these new mpcs without stopping the sequencer? That’s the biggest workflow issue with all mpcs. Then again it gives you a break to think and avoid the endless 1 bar loop maybe…

2 Likes

I think he’s also interested if one knob can be linked to several parameters. It does make sense…

Just checked with my MPC 5k … out of curiosity … :wink:

There are two Q-Link settings, one is for Program, the other is for FX. We can set the “Tune” paramter of a program for one or for all sounds to be controlled by a Q-Link. There are even more parameters available, like the Cutoff, the Envelope, or Pan of a program. FX allows to control the parameters of the built-in effects.

I suppose the software version will have much more to offer, than my old work horse :wink:

2 Likes

Anyone running the current software and can comment on the ‘vintage mode’? Old sampler emulations. Over the master in/out or on separate tracks/pads as an effect insert. Interested how good quality/useful/parameters available…

Congratulations
Akai MPC X, Live Best of the show

4 Likes

They absolutely deserve it for the Live based on price point v features alone - let’s hope they ship a stable OS 2.0!

2 Likes

I especially like that Roger Linn got the “Top Chap” award :ecstatic:

4 Likes

Looks promising. But one thing I see no mention of… Of course touch-based piano roll sequencing is useful, but does it have XOX style sequencing?
Also, did they say when they plan to publish a manual?

Xox - yes
Manual - no idea

2 Likes

As Henryo says it does have xox. Quite an impressive looking step sequencer actually. It’s effectively tied to the midi roll but when you are step mode you seem to be able to easily adjust veolocity and things via the touch screen.

3 Likes

Okay… Seems like it could have everything I need. Hope they publish a manual (and of course, release the actual device) soon so that I can have a final decision.

Btw how do you know that it has xox? It’s not apparent to me from the videos I saw yet. :slight_smile:

Do we know anything about the actual sampling workflow? The Toraiz can start sampling based on line-in signal level, Maschine can do the same, will the MPC Live do that, too? I hope so…
(Seems like the Renaissance can do that, so I have reason to be hopeful)