MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Sweet, all good :slight_smile:

Meh, if itā€™s really like sound effects with out real tempo, like drones or what not it shouldnā€™t matter anyway
Otherwise tap tempo would likely work I imagine

Iā€™m talking mostly stuff without a beat/constant tight rhythm. Stuff like kids playing with a tray of spoons or guitar pedal weirdness or whatever. But things Iā€™ve made work as a loop. Always seems to just ā€˜workā€™ in ableton and OT. Stretches it to sync (if thatā€™s what I want). From the above comments it seems should be fine in Live too.

1 Like

the creative potential of letting it auto analyse Kids playing with a tray of spoons :slight_smile:

Yeah for sure (Esp if it had audio quantise/warp markers) :slight_smile: Just wanted to be sure it could quickly auto stretch to 4 bars or 1 bar or whatever, if thatā€™s what I was looking for, without me needing to type in a bpm.

I think the BPM sniffer will only try to determine a static BPM, unfortunately.

Thatā€™s fair ā€¦ Iā€™m getting really excited about this thing now. So hope it all works smoothly. Imagine that.

according to the videos this seems to be the perfect box if you want to make cheesy house =)

2 Likes

I am worried yet hopeful. Akai doesnā€™t exactly have a stellar record for bugfree OSā€™es at launch day :zonked: But since the codebase has already been started on the computer, there is more hope than before back when Akai only did standalone boxes.

I reckon Akai thinks thatā€™s what the majority of the target demographic wants to do with their MPCs. I have a feeling they are going to be disappointed though :nyan:

2 Likes

I just want to record some synth noise, chop to different pads as required and layer drum sounds, then record more noises on top.
Something that with the OT would be a pain in the assā€¦

2 Likes

:thup:

I canā€™t help but comparing MPC Live to my OP-1ā€¦
As a standalone nomad instrument, ML does embed lots of the things I would expect in a next-gen OP-1.
And it seems to be able to play pretty well in any set. Especially with USB-MIDI device such as the OP-1 :wink:

Really, really interested !
I was hoping :3lektron: would eclipse it with a (nomad !?) next-gen :elot:, I must confess.

2 Likes

Man, while some of the questions in this series of videos are good, some just go deep into nitpicking or overly specific territory!
I still want to see a SoS review and video of the thing!

2 Likes

How has this dude got so much time with Andy during a busy NAMM?

He took questions from the mpc forum. So in as way heā€™s like 30 people sat thereā€¦ Pretty cool for that rep to take time out for people at home :wink:

I know, but still. Good on Akai for giving them this time. Heā€™s like ā€œWhat if I change my car from a Ford to a Kia - will I get vintage mode on the inputs? What if I tap some beats out on the tube - will J Dilla appear on the screen and finish my beats for me? What if I stick my finger up my @rse - will I get VSTs in standalone then?ā€ Andy is seriously patient with him after a long day.

Yeah man, questions are a mess, patience def tested. If wasnā€™t for the fact that he got to sit down and didnā€™t have to listen to that Rihanna clip for half hour he prob would have ended it sooner :wink:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/AsAstm_vDmg

More of the same really which is a shame. I get people grumping and wanting to know more so really canā€™t wait for this to get out in the wild and folks start playing around with their own samples and shit rather than the same bloody vocal sample!!!

2 Likes

Is it confirmed as just one parameter per q-knob? Looks like it from that vid. If so they missed a trick and not sure theyā€™ll add multiple parameters per q-knob in case they mistakenly think it might be perceived to detract from the X. Hopefully they add it tho for (recordable) OT scene kind of stuffā€¦

1 Like