MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Live all day for me as well…

You think you can transfer files from your cell phone to the MPC LIve as well via USB? if that is the case you can get a Blue Rasberry Microphone and literally make a full song in the middle of the Grand Canyon. IMAGINE THE NATURAL REVERB!!

1 Like

Wifi and Bluetooth

I know what you’re saying :slight_smile: not trying to persuade you back in to the Mpc :wink:

Maybe some of the attraction here is down to genre. Like you say you ‘want to play’ instead of design/draw etc. And from vids i get the techno/electronic thing where people like to tweak Elektron boxes live etc in performance and jam.

The way I see the mpc I can jam long passages/chord progressions/melodic parts out. Then live Rec drum sequence on pads through the whole section. Possibly repeat with different drums/samples/patterns on different tracks. Then go through and resample the drums on to a new track while I’m hitting mutes and switching between the drum tracks (kinda Op1 mute/solo tape workflow) to get a weird drum comp track. Then whatever… But get each song section sketched out super fast with a bunch of variations etc.

For how I do things it’ll be a lot more ‘playing’ and way less ‘design/draw’ than programming steps etc on my Elektron boxes.

Im making weird pop kind of stuff tho so I’m never gonna be ‘playing’ the boxes much when live, probably guitar. For me production is composing the song and getting everything down for LP. Then for shows I backing track most of it or grab a band. Probably a different set of requirements/goals from my hardware to most nauts…

3 Likes

Good point

Xy pad is going to allow for fun live tweaking of the MPC. Akai reps have stated on several occasions that this new MPC is geared to be tweaked live.

1 Like

Yeah theres plenty there for playing live :slight_smile: Pads/clips/Keygroup instruments/x+y/looper/switch steps out on the screen etc. Deep performance box in its own way…

1 Like

although I would love to keep both, I’ll probably need to sell my OT to get Live…
I understand - and agree - that the audio mangling capabilities of the OT are almost definately superior… but having an Ipad, I think I can find ways to manipulate audio in interesting ways…
also interested in the fact that MPC live will incorporate Ableton Link, wich would allow me to sync it to the iPad wirelessly… this could be quite interesting when it gets to sampling

1 Like

If you expect MPC to be improved OT you will be disappointed.

2 Likes

I expect MPC Live to take care of my musical content and OT to take care of the experimental aspect between audio stems. Nothing more

4 Likes

and i think there will be solid in those areas. (i’m sur sure the OT yet)

Anyone know if would be possible to use the wifi/bluetooth to transmit to a monitor or tablet/pad to use as a second screen?

no that’s not what I meant
I understand, to some extent, the differences
I just feel (for reasons I’ve mentioned in previous posts) that MPC Live might be better for my current worflow…
I would love to keep OT, but I doubt I can have that luxury tbh… what I said is that, for sound experimentation, I might dive into the iPad a bit more - there’s a lot of really good apps (some I already have and use) for that

1 Like

Not a chance… There’s not enough bandwith to transmit realtime video over BT/wifi (well, perhaps wifi, but don’t hold your breath). Imagine how laggy the performance would be. Even realtime audio has tons of latency over bluetooth.

So we’re on for the beers again? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Both the new PO and the MPC live are looking like must buys for me. Just wish we could see at least a hint of MPC MIDI seq use during NAMM…

Was literally just thinking that they would be probably laggy!:grin:

Beers on the table again ! Yup !

1 Like

Might call my dealer at Reddog music tomorrow to talk delivery dates and pre-order…

I think we all agree the MPC and the OT are not comparable. the MPC is well a MPC format, while the OT kind of operates like a tape machine on Acid.

2 Likes