MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Don’t think anyone really wants to use a touchscreen :wink: But if you replaced the Live order with the new Elektron it probably wasn’t really what you were looking for anyway all along?

I don’t see them as competition to each other. The Elektron is an 8 voice digital drum machine with (monophonic?) samples and step sequencer. Not really how I’d describe the Live…

The Elektron does look nice tho :slight_smile:

probably yes.

1 Like

Touchscreens are quite simply the best thing for editing samples.

4 Likes

it’s far away to OT2, not comparable to MPC Live, but sexy and interesting an as addition to the RYTM to cover different drums area in synthesis and one-shot dealing

Any separate outs on the Elektron? I’m not in the market for a drum machine but if I was I’d wanna be able to run separate tracks through pedals without having to sew it through overbridge…

But yeah, I don’t see the crossover really unless someone was planning to use the mpc as primarily a drum machine.

Stereo IN, Stereo Out :wink: But by Overbridge probably
2 × ¼” input & 2 × ¼” balanced output

Not at all! Especially for MPC Live joint. Just wish it had a mic pre so I can record anywhere. I guess I’ll find a workaround.

+++ drum Track, Sampler program, midi tracks etc… clip launch etc…

1 Like

Overbridge kinda bugs me that it’s like ‘don’t worry about separate outs, just use a computer and an interface etc to get them to your pedals…’ vibe killer if you just wanna switch your synth on and mess around with pedals. Main reason I bought AK over the A4…

1 Like

With drum program you can trigger long samples that will be like audiotracks. They can’t be time stretched in realtime but you can prepare them. How often do you change the tempo on a song while playing?

Sure in that case of setup … it’s problematic

I guess we will have to wait and read the manuals to find out about the strong points of the latest Elektron offering. It would be then interesting to make a detailed comparison of the features offered by each instrument:

• Audio tracks and audio editing possibilities
  • Sampler polyphony
  • Sampler program structure and editable parameters
  • FX and general sound quality (filters, etc.)
  • Ergonomics (screen size, buttons, pads, etc…)
  • Audio inputs and outputs
  • DAW integration
  • Reliability
  • Sequencer editing
  • MIDI channels
  • Fie system and Storage options
  • Expandability and connectivity
  • Included sounds and libraries
  • Price

It’s cool that it’s better than nothing and keeps cost down but doesn’t really fit for me. Especially on a digital drum machine/sampler, gets a little too close to ‘just use software’ if I need to run it through a computer anyway.

Edit - sorry, derailing. Not knocking the Elektron box, looks great but glad I can live without it atm :slight_smile: back to mpc chat… Any decent Live vids from Namm yet?

1 Like

Nope. Nothing interesting for now.

Does anyone know if there is a sidechain mode in any of the compressors?
Thanks

Right you are. There’s nothing wrong with the Live.

When seeing the new Elektron, I just want to play it, like an instrument.

Looking at the Live, I see a lot of things, all of them good, but I don’t want to play it.

So that’s on me, and you’re absolutely right.

Right now, I just want to play my music. Not build it, design it, draw it or cut and paste it. Just play it. And this looks the part for it.

3 Likes

Im back on the LIVE train.

3 Likes

I wonder if a USB mic will work on the LIVE???

1 Like

Live for me also.

I really like the fact that i can just pick up and go and make a beat on a airplane. Hopefully, they wont ban MPC Live on airplanes for all the FIRE we are gonna be making!!

3 Likes