MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

In my case, I can get them both for similar price and like I already have Analog Lab Intro.

I just want it to make synth sounds in my daw, to go with tracks i make on the MPC.

Presets and being easily usable is the goal but I would love to play around with different kinds of sound design and engines if possible… If i get unpaid updates like MPC software, its even better.

Personally, I find that to be slower than just tapping right on the control I want to modify. There’s an additional level of cerebral mapping with the q-links that slows me down, so I much prefer to use those set at Project level settings instead. But that’s just me. :blush:

I really don’t see the need. The touch keyboard on the MPC isn’t perfect, but I use it so seldom that in practice, it doesn’t matter.

@boboter I did a bit more playing with this and

-yes the loops playing are unaffected by the starting and stopping of the sequencer so you could use automation lanes as a free running modulator for parameters

-transpose looping trick basically works by tricking the sequencer into not sending a ‘note off’ hence endless loop playback. you can do an even better version of this if you have any midi controller where you can set the buttons to toggle. using a launchpad pro 3 I canset up a whole page of buttons to trigger loops with visual feedback on the controller. this adds the ability to turn loops on and off too. previously the only way was to turn transpose back to 0 which cuts off all loops.

pretty excited with the potential here

3 Likes

lol on my mpc2000xl, to name things, you would tap the pads like you would texting on a non smart phone. As bad as the touchscreen can be for typing, its definitely way better than the old way in my opinion

1 Like

But thank you for your excited statement…it already answered my question if there is already disk streaming. But nontheless, the One as is seems pretty feature rich for the money. Not sure if i should keep the Toraiz SP-16 now…I want to try a different approch next year to my composing ambient…

Thanks! I am actually waiting for a Live to arrive at this moment. Not sure if the workflow will ultimately be for me, but only one way to find out.

1 Like

cool man I hope you enjoy it. They can do whatever you want, I think people get locked in to the conventional ways to use MPCs because they’ve been tied in with hip hop culture and they’re marketed as such but the modern ones and even some of the old ones are very flexible tools with a lot to explore. Im sure it will find its place.

3 Likes

Thanks. Sadly it doesn’t even boot up. The screen just shows the MPC logo and then everything goes black again.

Sounds like a broken internal Flashdrive…

Could be. I guess I have to send it back.

:frowning_face:

Where did you order yours? I ordered an One retro from kytary…

Music Store

Ah, ok. Probably they sent you a “retoure” from another customer and forgot to send it in to Akai for repair. I had this one time with a MC101 with thomann.

you’re joking what a downer. Setbacks with new gear are the worst I practically drop a tear when the post takes a day longer than expected. Should all be sorted out quickly. Just a frustrating inconvenience

Now it has booted up. I will keep an eye on this. Definitely weird.

2 Likes

Curious how you utilize this.

We’ll see. It will definitely take me some time to understand everything. I had a 2000XL and a 1000 a million years ago. So I have forgotten most of it and this one seems like a different beast entirely anyways. Thought the holidays would be a good time to get to know it.

1 Like

When you turn it on, after a couple of seconds you get a prompt to press the circle in the middle of the screen. If you don’t it’ll switch off.

Sometimes I get distracted after switching on and when I go back it’s off.

1 Like

Thanks. That wasn’t it but still good to be aware of. It has been working so far. I tried a few power cycles. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes