MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Am I right thinking I could plug OP-1 straight in to this and record midi steps in to the Mpc via the OP-1 sequencers?

Have my eye on this. Looks like it could be pretty cool

No danger it will manage vst’s. How would they manage updates and authentications? It’s just a minefield. By the time you do get it working, performance on the likes of Diva and Omnisphere would be horrible anyway. And if they got that working you’d be just as well taking a laptop around with you!

1 Like

How is this new MPC compared to Octatrack in terms of sample management and workflow?

Checked out some more videos of the mpc daw software. If they have managed to port that OS in to this then functionality wise it destroys the Toraiz straight out the gate. Anyone know when it’s due to hit stores?

1 Like

Leaks report two new pieces of gear, MPC Live and MPC Eclipse.

6 Likes

Wow they mixed Nord (Clavia) and Elektron colors :stuck_out_tongue:

from this article i linked here :
The leak can be traced back to the Sequencer.de forum, where sources claim the MPC Live will be available before Christmas for $899, and the MPC Eclipse will cost $2000 and be unveiled at the NAMM event in January 2017.

1 Like

I could see this being ripe for a cross-platform collaboration of (exclusive?) Akai DAW on Surface, easy transfer to MPC Live to-go.

Is that padded armrest?

1 Like

Yes, same as the current Renaissance. I have it and it’s comfortable! :slight_smile:

Assuming the FX are decent standalone and I can velocity layer 4 smaples per pad like on my MPC1000 the MPC Live will be a day one purchase for me and will sit right next to my toraiz and AR on “drum boxes with pads” desk :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Windows Embedded isn’t the same OS that runs on PCs to my knowledge, but is a specialized OS used for things like ATMs. From my understanding it’s incredibly stable. And I doubt you’ll be able to install VSTs on it. I don’t know a whole lot about it tho, just remembering the gist of it from a Gearslutz thread where it was explained by one of Microsoft’s engineers.

Ahh, so it’s not called MPC legacy but MPC eclipse? Can’t wait to see Araabmuzik rocking this thing (or two of em) :evil:

For me, the live is the one I want. The eclipse looks impressive but too big to casually carry around, much like my 4000.

3 Likes

Yes MPC Live & MPC Eclipse ! it should be strange to call that legacy : sound to legacy product for a new one i guess it’s a bad name commercially speaking

Me too the Live form factor is the one i choose i guess… now wait to see the specifications of eclipse model (maybe for studio if really powerful)

1 Like

Yeah. I do love the 4 x 4 knob grid on the eclipse though. If the OS is clever about it, you can use em for setting parameters for all 16 pads simultaneously. This kind of layout is very easy and fast for editing the sounds.

I have mapped my launchcontrol XL in a similar fashion to allow setting the levels of. my AR quickly. It’s a joy to use while jamming etc

Oh wait. If the USB supports ext controllers, I could just hook up a MIDI fighter twister for similar(ish) control for the MPC live! Good times

2 Likes

Bro how long have you had your 4000? How’s your screen holding up?

Bought it around January 2015. The screen was busted when I got it, so the first thing I did was replacing it with a new one from mpcstuff.com. It’s holding up okay, aside from a mysterious problem I haven’t yet fully troubleshooted. Some leakage of currrent from the pcb maybe? Causing the screen to drop out every now and then. unplugging/replugging ribbon cables randomly has mostly fixed it, but it still occurs frrom time to time. Got a new LCD ribbon cable as well, so that can’t be the culprit.

Not using it much these days tbh. The huge size makes it unwieldy for anything except using at our project studio (where I am spending too little time…) But the tightness of the sequencer is phenomenal! Been thinking about getting the 8 out extension, would give it much more scope for tracking out sample drums. I like the sound of the converters.

fwiw If I had known I’d be buying the AR that same summer, I probably would have skipped getting the 4k out of convenience. But I love the machine too much to let it go either. You know the old saying “They don’t make em like that anymore” lol

I have a 60 II which is even bigger. It comes with a wrist rest area that can double as a flat surface for rolling doobies. I know I shouldn’t but if I find a 4K in good condition it will collect dust in the record / mpc room. .

4 Likes

Didn’t they announce last year they used Windows 10 embedded?

Don t know if you ve seen it but the quick start lanual is here!!

3 Likes

That Eclipse is B E A Utiful!