MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Lol waiting for the new os to drop put me in the same mind set. I don’t want to use my MPC Live until the update. Crazy how the mind works!

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t wanna play with mine either, hoping I can connect a load of synths via Overhub via USB and use the other midi outs for other gear, looks a great update this one…

Just wish you could rename Q-Links for CC’s etc but still seems not :frowning:

I’m worried about being able to assign cc. I want to be able to Plock pitch or filter on my MPC from my OT. I hope this runs smoothly.

Kinda a bit ot here…When I have a beat going on the mpc live and I’m noodling around on lets say a slim phatty or a virus and I get the sound to where I want it, then press stop on the mpc, then go to record again, the sound on whatever synth gets reset back to the original sound. It’s driving me nuts because it didn’t do it on my old beat up 2k. I guess it’s sending a all notes reset where the 2k only sends it if the sequence has been changed. Anyway to fix this?

Thought about selling MK I cause used prices are up but glad I didn’t. In fact the MK II might keep the MK I second prices up for a while. Though I’m sure the speaker sounds good it looks awfully big and bulky. I just hope the updates keep coming to the MK I.

1 Like

Do you have you program change on? If so turn it off.

Hey all.
Is this still the case?

I’m realizing I could get over my disk streaming pre-requisite if I can slave it to the OT for loop recorded transitions between loading MPC projects.

Anyone?

how long does it take loading a new project in MPC Live?

Dunno, don’t have one.
But that’s not really the point.

The point is if it takes 2 seconds, or 20 seconds, will it hold sync or pick sync back up, without me restarting transport from the OT?

I read earlier this is not reccomended anyways since MPC doesn‘t like to be slaved (in combination with OT that is…) - so maybe better that way? OT stays at the EXT BPM when master is „offline“? I guess… everything else would be mayhem during a live set

Thanks.
I’ll experiment with what I have, using OT as slave.

Cheers!

As soon as the os drops I’ll put it through it’s paces. If there’s anything specific you need to check just send me a list of your requests. Not a problem.

1 Like

Just a way to be able to play a project, load another, play it… all while OT is running in sync (as either master or slave) without OT ever stopping.

With projects all the same BPM

Eagerly awaiting the new OS to drop… it says midi via usb? That mean I could connect x2 Overhubs with a potential of 14 synths and then x4 midi outs? I don’t have that many hardware synths but is this what the usb thing is all about?

Cheers

hmm… but what happens when the new project is loaded …OT still at 80 BPM …new MPC project is 240 bpm?

Assuming projects are all the same tempo.

Without even checking I know it’s not possible. Projects on the MPC don’t load while the sequencer continues to run. You’ll be hard pressed to find any device that can do that. That being said, you’ll have a hefty set per project and anytime you do need to load a new project on either the OT or MPC you’ll have plenty of options with stop and start. I’ll still run it through it’s paces once the os drops. Let’s see what can be done.

3 Likes

You’re probably right.
If I can make it work with Model:Samples 64MB RAM + OT, I should be able to make it work on the MPC in a single project, as long as I stay away from longer stems.

Looking forward to the edges you find with the new OS!

1 Like

Blackbox does. But yes, not a common feature. Alas.

1 Like

The money is in the amount of sequences and the number of patterns per sequence you can have. Each program can hold up to 128 samples and you could even stack up to 4 sample per pad. That’s 128x 4 if you max out. I’ve had up to 4 or 5 programs in a project with plenty of room to spare. On top of the that you can have up to 8 plugin synths per project. Each plugin can be poly if you want. I think up to 16 voice. If you plan a MPC project properly you’ll be able to live off it for a crazy long time. I don’t even mess with clips loops on the MPC, I rather roll my own with the one shots.

6 Likes