MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Maybe you can use audio tracks for that?

Every time I can think of something I launch the software and send a suggestion. So far thatā€™s the only use I have for the softwareā€¦

3 Likes

quick question, is it the mpc live only can play 4 tracks simultaneously in clip mode?

This is my only fear, but itā€™s a big one considering the many reports from early adopters. I donā€™t remember a recent product launch with so much negativity regarding hardware/software issues, even though many of those are user error. And the unit getting hot doesnā€™t make things better and could be fatal on the long run. Shame because I got the cheap price preorder but still not sure itā€™s worth the gamble.

Came across this video this morning. It may be interesting for you.

2 Likes

Yep. Iā€™m giving up the preorder price as well (999ā‚¬ in Berlin) in favour of being able to get one with a useable warranty in Sydney in a few months - itā€™s already more expensive there but Iā€™m hoping there isnā€™t another price hike there as wellā€¦ Also means Iā€™ll get a clearer view of peopleā€™s experiences, how Akai responds, whether ā€œokayā€ units start having troubles, etc.

I hear you. Digitakt will be fun - unfortunate I canā€™t afford both at the moment, so Iā€™m going to use this time as an opportunity to go deeper with the gear I have. Trying to get in front of my Nord Drum 2 + Pad as often as I can and just play, improve my hand drumming skills, running in through the Heat and a couple of H9s. Looking forward to adding the Live to this little setup but who knows? I may end up down some interesting pathways in the interimā€¦

1 Like

No! I believe this is how it is set by default but you donā€™t need to mute/choke other loops to play a new one.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun. I briefly had an Octapad SPD-30, and sort of wish I still had something to drum on with sticks. I honestly find playing rhythms that way or even on a guitar or bass a lot more rewarding than button pushing, so that time will definitely not be wasted. I took a several year hiatus from electronic music gear to get more into traditional instruments and (basic) music theory. Iā€™m just getting into samplers/drum machines again (which were my first love when I started getting really into music production), and the Digitakt will be my first groove box in a while.

MPCX is the one to get --better A/D and D/A confirmed by beta testers
Still i doubt it will like it more than my Toraiz SP-16
Live looks like a toy

1 Like

Lol. You bought a Touch but Live looks like a toy? My eyesight must be fading, they look the same to me :wink: Literally exactly the same UI except they improved the touchscreen response on the Liveā€¦

Live and X have the same Convertors I thought? Just X has mic preā€™sā€¦

2 Likes

By who exactly? and did akai confirm this was the case?

Andy Mac never mentioned this in any of the Akai videos and I highly doubt Akai would opt not to mention this as a selling point of the X if it was true.

2 Likes

Again with your unverified/incorrect claims ? Donā€™t you have anything better to do ? I didnā€™t say anything the last time because everyone can have bad days, but now please, stop this toxic behaviour, it is not helping the debate/discussion in any way, and we sure donā€™t need more noise on the interwebs.

1 Like

Im doing this too as long as prices remain reasonable in OZ.

well, shop called they recieved their mpc live stock and can come to pick up my preorder. Not sure what to do :sweat_smile:

@DimensionsTomorrow thatā€™s what I think too, afaik the only difference between both units is more knobs/buttons and cv outs

2 Likes

How do you start audio recording in a quantized fashion?

I can only speak for myself wrt selling other stuff! These things are very subjective, always.

I wiuld not advice anyone to get rid of all their gear just to get an MPC live right now. Still early days, we need to see how things evolve, and the longevity of the hardware is also very much a question mark at this pointā€¦ But I am overly optimistic I guess!

You forgot to prefix that with ā€œTRUE FACTā€.

I am absolutely certain that theyā€™re using the exact same parts for the I/O in both boxes. The only difference is that the X has mic preamps.

1 Like