MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

If it’s £700 it’s instabuy. Seems to clash with the sweetwater price tho?

Agreed. I think they’ve likely got it wrong and it’ll be a few hundred more unfortunately.

The big brother

1 Like

What I still don’t understand is whether (apart from the obvious physical differences) the X and Live work the same way in standalone mode or if the Live is somehow “crippled”

Think they’re the same OS and cpu power. It’s ui/connectivity differences that separate them I think?

1 Like

Sweet, this plus a 0-Coast (or my Blofeld)could pretty much spell the end of my relationship.

4 Likes

how do you guys think OT will stand against MPC live?

1 Like

Depends on how you use the OT I guess…

1 Like

I can´t tell you how they stand against each other but i know they will be best friends in my home setup

:elot: :hearts: MPC Live

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

OT is fine as it is.
I wouldn’t buy OT 2.0, but rather some small poly-module or/and battery powered, small op1 like device.

2 Likes

That’s where my struggle will be, as there will be lots of crossover between the OT and the MPC so I might need to learn the OT in a new way. The MPC seems to have all the things I want from a standalone box (apart from a bit of drum synthesis)

You can use OT in many different scenarios. Some people will sell one and buy another, some will do nothing, and some will use OT as a mixer/fx module…

Dreamteam :wink:

1 Like

I think its time to read the MPC software manual :smiley:

1 Like

I had really written Akai off as “no longer being the Akai I care about” as they’re part of the same big corporate giga-structure that killed off some of the cool things about Alesis, aren’t they? And Akai’s last few years of product announcements have felt like bad “hey, us too!” things following the trends of other companies: turning the MPC series into a Maschine clone; making Rhythm Wolf and friends to try and be like the cheap’n’fun Volcas. That’s how it felt, any ways.

But these new products are genuinely impressive. The MPC Live might be what I wanted the MPC 500 to be but the technology wasn’t there for the MPC500 to be both usable and portable (I hated its little text-based screen so much and struggled to create intricate patterns or songs on it, but it was a fun little jam-on-pads machine for me). I don’t think it’s enough to dissuade me from my Octatrack plans, but that’s just because the OT fits my style now better than MPC.

But I’m happy to see Akai making good things again (well, we’ll see how they stack up when the actually land, but so far these look really good).

2 Likes

I’m (for now) very after the MPC X… to get all the POWER… i really like the video thanks guys

1 Like

while there will be some overlap, i can see that they will be working on totally different types of tasks in tandem.

IMHO, the MPC (X) as a core piece and DAW substitute makes a much more mature impression than the OT
The OT is then more for the funky things. All the stuff the MPC can not do so well :couple:

Happy Days :sunny:

3 Likes

Yeah but the one who use OT as ONLY a mixer/fx are alive joke themselves… put that money in an OT for only Mixer Effects is an illogical investment to me. (it’s luxury)

what would you recommend that provides fx parameters that can be step sequenced across 64 steps with individual pattern lengths as well as up to 4 fx blocks per input, with 4 outputs? I’d like to buy this machine :wink:

3 Likes