MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

after seein the specs again n all, man it’s such a good price for mpc live. hats off to akai for getting it out for under 1000€. rEally impressive

I wasn’t saying don’t post em or having a go at you! it’s cool you’re putting the info here for people :slight_smile: just saying personally I can’t watch any more! :slight_smile:

Edit - I don’t remember ever watching so many ‘different but the same’ gear vids of one piece! Be cool soon when people start posting vids of music/sounds they’ve made on Live that they’re stoked on. Rather than just vids of them being stoked on owning a Live :wink:

Maybe everyone who’s into the new MPCs is too busy using it to post any videos? :troll:

4 Likes

Yeah besides stores/zines/blogs doing these promo vids it seems that way :wink:

Have you watched the MPC Live 101 from MacProVideo ? because it’s the best :slight_smile:
https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/mpc-live-101-learn-live

3 Likes

Thanks for link. Seems to be a ‘paid’ service tho? I’m so broke atm :frowning:

I think I’ve got a decent idea of the Live now and pretty set to grab one at some point. I could prob scurry the money together with a couple of gear sales now and pre-order but going to hold back a month or two and check all’s well with the hardware etc…in the meantime try to save up some money toward it/sell less other stuff… Probably the only significant piece of new gear I can afford this year so it has to count :wink:

You could always go to your local blood bank. You are about 30-40 visits away from a MPC Live. :joy:

1 Like

Haha :slight_smile: Do they even pay for blood in UK??

1 Like

Idk. Maybe it’s just a US thing.

Yeh think it’s voluntary in UK? I remember hearing they used to buy sperm for like £40…Dunno if still the case… Not down with having endless kids come knocking at my door in 18 years tho and having to tell them they only exist because I wanted an MPC Live :wink:

7 Likes

Man, being in a basement was starting to be a feature of mine. 2 studios and an apartment were underground. I have to go out of the studio space i was renting (for being too loud:). The timing is almost perfect with the coming of the MPC Live. I’m getting it and doing some nature inspired work. Noticed the enviroment has a profound effect on music, and i see a lot of collaborations coming up cause of this machine. Wish the battery time was better still, maybe at a later date a larger capacity battery will be released…
Wanted to sell the AR for it, but can’t get myself around to it, AR is a great machne and very good for live shows…
Hope the Live will be in Serbia early June
Sorry for the rant

You guys get screwed in the UK. £40 for sperm, thats it!? You’ll get at least 10x the amout for it here, not that I’ve ever done it though.

1 Like

I’m cumming over there then.

6 Likes

Ah, the playground bants. I like it.

2 Likes

Looks great but damn… every demos are some very cheesy hip hop stuff, just awful.
Anyway looks GREAT ! but im wondering about latency and stability.
Want to use this mainly for live.

same here:

i assume that Akai does not want the MPC Live to be sold to us Europeans just yet - for whatever reason.

If you click on “where does it ship to”, this box comes up:

This item ships to:

United States
Marshall Islands
Palau

Scandinavian sperm gets the highest price on the international market. Especially from blue eyed scandis. Because… well… racism? ugh…

Of course what you as a donor may actually get paid varies and not always in relation to what the harvesting company can get for your sperm. But in general no one is looking to buy British sperm -preconceptions about crooked teeth and all.

I am really starting to get tempted by the idea of the MPC live… and I have the cash for it, which is lucky cos I am too old to be able to sell my sperm.

2 Likes

Wow, strange. And the price too. When I browsed at Thomann’s site, the Live was $939.00 shipping included to Puerto Rico. I guess not the other way around.

Can’t you slice your recording into as many patterns as you want it mapped over and plock slice at start of the pattern. That way your audio follows your patterns and it makes composing over specific sections much easier

9 Likes