MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

This is great news, really looking forward to the automation updates!

Nice work Akai, well done :thup:

1 Like

hope the angry mob leaves them be now to tidy up the interface inconsistency. and multi midi I and O (and please multi channel per program)…
pretty cool update

3 Likes

Not just lanes but also automation in the step edit screen!

6 Likes

2.6 is sooo cool.
Now waiting for disk streaming and I’m done :sunglasses:

“it’ll be out probably within a week or so.”

2 Likes

That Midi I/O thing…Multitimbral mode, it would really open up the MPC Live to serving as a MIDI sequencer centerpiece of a more or less complex setup.

That and I miss the JJOSXL feature of pressing SHIFT + PAD to select/jump to a track.

1 Like

Just a quick update about this… I’ve been going back and forth with one of Akai’s software engineers for about month now, and we are able to reproduce this issue faithfully, on both my machine and his, using the steps I provided. However, the corruption only seems to occur with certain files. For instance, we are able to predictably recreate the degradation problem on his MPC, using samples made on my MPC, but not the other way around; and neither of us has been able to demonstrate this behaviour using the MPC’s factory content. That said, it’s yet to be determined whether the cause is software or hardware related. To that end, perchance it is a hardware fault, a second MPC is currently on its way to me for testing.

So, here’s hoping that it’s just a bad A/D converter or something. Of course, that won’t save the work I’ve lost, but at least the rest of you would be in the clear. If it’s project related, on the other hand, it may well be an overarching software issue, which would be of concern to everyone. At any rate, I’ll keep y’all posted…

Cheers!

10 Likes

2.6 looking like !!!

summer NAMM is this weekend so guessing its dropping very soon. Didn’t expect ALS export, that is so cool! Now I can just use the MPC as a MIDI sequencer and also get to continue my work in the lab in ableton, sweet!

4 Likes

They’re clowin’

That ALS export looks sick.

Jam on a beat, wherever, because it’s battery powered.

Save as an ALS

Open at home on your DAW and keep jamming

WTF.

Yea. When’s this out?

4 Likes

There’s also a very big chance that ALS export is added to the software version of MPC. If so, life just got a lot easier with regards to some collab works. I got some friends who have MPC touch or studio and they use logic as their DAW, and getting multitracks has been a bit clunky before. Now they can just export the ALS projects for the collabs themselves :nyan:

3 Likes

The efficiency of the export depends on how well it makes loops, if I have a sequence with reverb and the exported clip starts from the start only, then it’s useless.
Let’s hope it’s nice.

Looking forward to step edit fun on the built in synths…

Hmmm. That does sound (on the surface) like something to do with the data pattern. Could be hardware or software - like you say.

…but could be a hardware problem with a software work-around. I’ve done a fair few of those in my software-engineering days. :slightly_smiling_face:

F@ck yeaaaah, automation lanes!

Brb, selling all my stuffs to buy an MPC

3 Likes

Make your export loops 1 or 2 bars longer

There’s ways around that :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m sure you can export pre effects then add reverb in Ableton. Maybe if it’s a dynamic reverb you can resample and make sure your loops are correct before transfer.

1 Like

oooh, lovely update

Is it just me or are they making it seem like it’s already released? What’s the hold up?

The word on the street is - release before this coming weekend.

(That word being from one of the people who produced one of the 2.6 YouTube vids).

1 Like

What?! Still no Overbridge??!!

:wink:

5 Likes