MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Thanks man!

1 Like

That why you put the change on the last step of the previous bar :wink:

Werks perfect that way

(You can actually put it anywhere on the previous)

but how? i donā€™t think you can automate midi pattern changes from anywhere in the mpc sequence, except itā€™s start.

event editor? or is it called list edit

Thanks for sharing the samples, @jurfin !

cheers

1 Like

is it working only through software? cause i canā€™t insert program change via list edit in standaloneā€¦

Okay, fine! Iā€™ll use the DDJ-400 instead.
I was blinded by the $750 used price tag and portability :wink:

Thanks!

3 Likes

List edit in standalone mode is a joke.

2 Likes

A cruel one, at that.

I have hopes for this to be fixed. The current workaround is decent but tedious, save, enter controller mode, edit automations, save

Iā€™ve spent the last week or two trying to get to know my newly acquired Analog Keys, and I decided I should sample some of the sounds Iā€™ve come up with throughout that learning process. It is a really wonderful and diverse synthesizer, I like most of the sounds Iā€™ve made and I feel like thereā€™s still plenty to explore.

These are predominantly drum samples, although there are a few nice melodic and atmospheric bits as well. There is a project file for MPC users (made on the Live) that has several drum kits and keygroup programs, as well as a folder called Strictly Samples for anyone without an MPC.

Iā€™d love to hear any feedback on these samples if anything comes to mind, and Iā€™d love to hear what you do with them! I hope you like them : )

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mjSW3c1LfKyQCFRyk5_vcjr3Vs1KTzYM?usp=sharing

Edit: Thought I should mention that most of these are sample chains and that theyā€™ve been sliced already within the MPC.

3 Likes

Unfortunately they cannot, they are super limited. You can send the LFO to four pre-set destinations in only positive amounts. It makes me miss the Octatrack, but I think the Live more than makes up for that with depth in other areas.

All that being said. I would really love to see a mod matrix added someday :okej:

1 Like

yeah - ext CCs - thatā€™s what I was wondering.

Nice !! cheers Dude

2 Likes

Thanks! Hope you like them and stuff.

I had actually made a few sequences in the project to show off the sounds, but I ended up liking them so much that I had to keep them for myself haha :ecstatic:

1 Like

Hi guys (first time poster), I have been reading this post because I am looking for a piece of gear to complement my digitakt and digitone (and some other synths) setup. My first and foremost question is: Can the MCP live/X sequence the patterns of my Digis from within itĀ“s midi sequencer? I donĀ“t want to start a discussion about ā€œsong modeā€ on the Digis. I like them both for what they can do, but I feel I would like to have an organisational center for my live setup that is somewhat like a DAW but hardware.

sounds like great update!
update files not there yet, thoughā€¦ )

7 Likes

Itā€™ll be interesting to see release notes, especially in case the save corruption bug got squashed.

1 Like

ALS export. Oh man. I hope this is also for mpc 2.6 software too. This would be cool for studio / ren users too

1 Like

Automation lanes ?! Pinch me Iā€™m dreaming ! Game changer for me who is so reliant on the p-locking mechanismā€¦ Awesome :+1:

2 Likes

Any idea when this update drops??? Iā€™m preparing for vacation and this would be perfect while I make beats on the beach!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes