MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Yep, press copy and it immediately pastes it after the highlighted part. i just gave it a go and it worked!

2 Likes

People have been testing 16 LEVELS with the new drum program warping, and everything is working as expected with the new update. IIRC this was of interest to some people on this board earlier - Being able to play a sample chromatically without the timing changing now works!! :thup: :thup:

3 Likes

I bought MPC Live a few weeks ago and am very pleased with it. I have not yet played with the clip mode but now with the new update clip mode might be obsolete. I have this paired with the MnM and Nord Lead 3, Iā€™m super excited with what I will come up with this setup!

1 Like

Clip mode? oh yeah, that oneā€¦ Iā€™ve never actually even tried it yet lol! I read that clip prog sounds cut off if you switch the track, unless they are recorded into the seq, which makes them slightly useless in my book.

Well, no need for that anymore with drum progs warpingā€¦ Hmm, wait, does this now also mean that I can round robin with timestretched loops? :loopy: :ecstatic:

2 Likes

The clip mode seemed a little awkward to me so I never attempted to use it. Now Iā€™ll just load drum programs with sample loops and play them chromatically on occasion. Ableton in a box!!!
This is the best investment Iā€™ve made in a long time.

I too really, really like mine and am finally convinced that selling off my other MPCs is going to be a reality sooner or later. Just need a few more updates, there are still a few bugs but more importantly some workflow niggless still exist which will be hopefully adressed eventually.

Akai has already stated working on the next update, which will introduce workflow improvements.

Definitely my other MPC and MV will go up for sale lol

I tried it, finding grid edit a bit weird against the 1k with my <> buttons. I find the magnification a bit unusual too but I think its just cause if how im used to zooming on ios, im sure ill get used to it

@Geneoart im scared the 1k is gonna go neglected, i cant being myself to sell it :anguished: Might just hold it and hope it goes the way of mpc 60s and give it to my son when hes older

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big supporter of holding on to gear but in this case I need to make room for the new box!!! I just canā€™t see the MPC 1000 being the next MPC 60 but an OT on the other hand definitely will be.

I still have a few complains (lack of sidechain and ā€œutilitarianā€ reverb) but I have workarounds for it, overall Iā€™m really happy with the Live.

Not sure why I canā€™t time-stretch samples in program mode, just in drum mode, but I can live with it, barely use programs anywayā€¦

1 Like

I think when jjos stops being available and 1ks stop being so common a couple of decades down the line theyā€™ll be worth more than now even for the historic value, the whole jj situation is a massive anomaly, if not for monetary value I think it will be nice to hold a piece of sampler history, they wonā€™t be so common forever. I donā€™t think theyll be held in high esteem for unique sound character at all though, I wish my dad had picked up a few bits and bobs for me in the 80s :sweat_smile:

@automageddon yeah could definitely do with sidechaining. Is there a way to grid edit CC information? Could be a dream on a touch screen, not sure if itā€™s there though

1 Like

Good point. Maybe Iā€™ll reconsider the Selling the 1000 but my MV has got to go itā€™s just too freaking big. Lol

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m having serious trouble getting mpc live to enter controller mode. Feeling like Iā€™ve tried every solution I can find on the Akai forum. Iā€™ve updated ilok, tried different cables and ports. Have reinstalled software and drivers a million times:) Iā€™m on windows 10. The software I download from my akai account is called 2.0 beta and the firmware is 2.05. image above appears at the end when installing drivers. I hit ignore. Software opens fine though. Any help is much appreciated.

Yeah Iā€™d keep the 1k, the mv is a monster and unique in its own way but I really doubt what happened with jj will happen again ever with anyone, put it in the loft and forget about it for 20 years if you can go without selling it itā€™s already on the verge of retro technology wise, theyā€™ve been around a while now. Hmm I wonder what the future of MVs and the like will be. Keep all the gear!

1 Like

Try right clicking and running as admin

I wish, instead event editing is only done via a listā€¦

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not make a difference. I still get the same message as in the picture too. Did any of you get the same message when installing the drivers?

unfortunately im a mac user, the only other thing I can say if that didnt work is check your user privileges and give the whole thing a wipe and start fresh. I had mad issues when installing akais VIP software for their advance keyboards, finally after reinstalling about 400 times I tried to redownload it from the website. often downloads from the akai website are slow for me, I think sometimes there can be errors in the download if it stops and starts, it could potentially be something to do with their website, I donā€™t know, but just delete all the software and redownload it, check your user privileges before doing so. hopefully a windows user can make some further suggestions

drawing automation and sidechaining are fairly obvious and important additions, kind of glad to be catching this in the early days knowing that there are inevitable performance updates to come. if it was missing copying in grid edit iā€™m sure there is a lot more on the way. can you draw automation in controller mode on mpc 2.0? barely had time to dig in to it

Can anyone with a live do me a favour and check something, I get a quiet creaky noise when I press the bottom right corner of pad 9, bottom left of ten and the top right of 5 and left of 6 in the cross where they all meet, it only seems abnormal cause itā€™s only in that spot, does anyone else have this? Almost a pop when I actually drum it unless I hit the pad bang on central

hmmmm, i feel like this standalone warping is a bit off.
iā€™m making a loop, say 132 bpm 8 bars in ableton live. loading it in mpc live in drum program. it says 132 bpm on the sample, i press warp, note on, and loop repeat. and when i put it at the start of the sequence, it sounds a bit off tempo, a bit wonky and shuffled. and when i turned off warp, it sounds ok and in sync.
can anyone test this?
i had same stuff with clip program warping in standalone. it did the same thing on my loops, but when i choosed another stretch algorithm in software or turned warping off, problem dissapeared.
i suspect some kind of bug in this standalone stretch thing. or itā€™s just not the same bpm like in ableton (but that would be super weird) :slight_smile: