MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I am not sure they can. It does not look like the current team is coding close to the hardware.

I doubt they ever were coding close to the hardware.
The USBmidi driver is probably just a standard part of the overall linux package they are using.

Using an off the shelf mini-pc with an off the shelf linux, where all they add is the actual MPC software is how they made the economics of the new MPCs work.

3 Likes

From the 2.10 release notes:

When in controller mode MPC One now forwards the external SD Card port to the desktop computer it’s connected to.

I couldn’t do this on my One until this update, now I can.

3 Likes

My Cool little midi keyboard is here,
but looks like have to wait until September for my MPC live 2 :cry:

USB audio. I have the Presonus SL 32R but it’s wired up to the main computer and installed into a rack and would take some effort to test it with an iPad so I‘d like to know if it’s worth it before I do it :wink: Would of course also be nice to being able to use it with the MPC but as long as that error occurs I won’t even bother.

Unfortunately I couldn’t get it working. I even cross-checked my iConncet Audio 2+ with an additionally connected iPad and their Audio-App. The app shows the sampling rate setting and allows to change it. I tried 44.1 kHz with 16 and 24 bit and got in both cases an error message from the MPC.

“44100 may not be supported sample rate on the external device”; Error: -22

I suspect that the MPC routine is expecting to receive information from the devices, which may be part of the USB class-compliant protocol, but which seems not to be mandatory for running perfectly on Mac or iOS based machines.

Maybe a programmer just overdid the job and implemented an unnecessary control to be sure that a device is 200% compatible :wink:

This is actually a really nice little addition for me, one less thing hanging off my computer

Sorry to say that in my second test there are blips and blops now occurring when using the audient id44. I tried different modes and configurations that I have saved to the audient stand alone device but it seems that it gets reconfigured by the mpc anyway.
I need to find a way because I’m really inspired by this setup idea. I consider testing an arturia audio fuse and keep reporting back.

1 Like

Meanwhile I did a third test with

MPC Live 2
Audient id44
ferrofish pulse 16 ad/da converter
A&H MixWizard

Now, it works without popping noises. I tested it with 2 drum programs routed across the ferrofish outputs. Only when I load a program for preview there’s a little popping coming out.

What did it for me: I set the Pulse 16 as Master and the Audient as Slave!
But still too early to tell whether it is a stable setup.

1 Like

Hi, I have the studiolive 16 mark iii, its just strange that it can be changed to 44.1 but still
Don’t work

I’m loving having the Analog Heat connected to the Focusrite Scarlet. Now I can use the Heat as an insert effect or as a send, or both if I wanted to. Resampling for days.

1 Like

Studiolive 16 doesn’t support class compliant mode as i see from the description…The newly one’s thought they support it and basically they advertise it on their site…
Someone with a Studiolive 32SC can chime in maybe to report back?

1 Like

I just tested it quickly with my SL 32R and it seems to work with the iPad as it gets shown in AUM with all Ins and Outs. On the MPC I‘m also getting the -22 error code even after switching it to 44.1 kHz (48 kHz is no problem on the iPad). So the 32R is class compliant and Akai has to fix this on their end I guess as I don‘t see what the problem otherwise would be when various interfaces get the same error code.

Testing some audio interfaces with the 2.10 update with an mpc live mk1.
Behringer x32 works
Zoom r16 does not work
Kieth mcmillen k mix works
DT does not work
Focusrite 2i4 works

2 Likes

Bummer indeed…They need to fix this…

Tested an SSL2+ yesterday and the output works.

Focusrite 6i8 works
Digitone and Digitakt won’t work as they have a fixed sample rate at 48k.

I think the requirements are not only to be class compliant at 44.100 but also to be Linux compatible.

Did you test the zoom in class compliant mode? There is a switch on the back.

Is there a CC list for the new mpcs? I want to midi map a mixer to my tracks. Any other function would be good too

I just tried my Zoom R16 and it seems to be working great after an initial hiccup (there’s no relevant switch on the back on mine, though).

My setup was MPC into Zoom via MIDI, and Digitone into the Zoom via audio.

You don’t need to power the Zoom separately, but if you do then use the USB button to start the audio interface mode. If you’re powered by USB you still need to start the interface, but you don’t need to push the USB button to get there.