Movie recommendations

This looks really good. Thanx

haha yea totally. I’d love to see the doco :smile:

:heart:

6 Likes

It’s not the one I was talking about but here he‘s also talking about the hair thing:

1 Like

deadly :cowboy_hat_face:

Though Come and See is easily the most difficult and traumatic film I’ve ever seen, the trauma suffered by Aleksei kravchenko at the hands of the film makers has been a little overplayed over the years, a lot of it is actually really good acting. Yes, they probably did go too far, but they came up with the greatest anti-war statement ever made in the process. Absolutely horrifying for all who were part of it and all who see it. A piece of art that is well worth the horror.

2 Likes

It’d be a bummer if Carpenter came up and The Fog wasn’t mentioned. Also, for folks not into his horror/sci-fi stuff - Assault on Precinct 13 is enjoyable.

5 Likes

Annihilation

Nice atmosphere and sounddesign …sadly the story is a bit lacking - but worth a watch!

Turbo Kid

Turbo Kid 2 is planned!

Kung Fury

Scot Pilgrim vs the world

6 Likes

Turbo Kid is a lot of “park your brain” fun, with some very creative and amusing kills and a very, VERY synth-heavy, pleasing retro soundtrack, for all those (of which there are few, I’d imagine) who haven’t seen it. :+1:

1 Like

John Carpenter made at least 30% of my top 20 films. He’s a genius.

5 Likes

3-Iron
Manufacturing Consent
All watched over by machines of loving grace
Crumb
Happiness

6 Likes

Favorite movie(not counting Shawshank Redemption):

Another excellent movie:

6 Likes

A bit of fun would be ‘Hunt for the Wilderpeople’

and once through for
‘Wild Tales’

These are just recentish films i liked but not necessarily top of all time favs.

Koyaanisqatsi once every 5 or so years.

4 Likes

Pierrot Le Fou

El Topo

Paris, Texas

The Bothersome Man

Chungking Express

Too many to mention, but I’ll start here.

11 Likes

Paris Texas. Here’s my vinyl picked up after seeing it years ago after split up with girlfriend.

1 Like

Man from nowhere was great.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’d crack me open on a good day. That’s a special thing you have there.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for 80s teen/adventure movies. So my movie shelf is filled with The Goonies, Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, Stand By Me, Weird Science, the obvious Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Howard The Ducks and the rest.

I also love John Carpenter and especially Escape From New York (I have at least seven different vinyl pressings of that soundtrack).

But if I had to name my favourite current director it would probably be Jim Jarmusch. I love every movie he’s ever done but my absolute favourite has to be Ghost Dog.

16 Likes

such a beautiful film and a great score.

3 Likes

Into The Wild

12 Monkeys

Strange Days

Blade Runner (1982)

The Shape of The Water

Pan Labyrinth

Requiem For A Dream

Lord of War

Meet Joe Black

Dracula

Devil’s Advocate