Movie recommendations

what’s in the fu#$in’ box!!!

ferrets-in-packing-peanuts

2 Likes

can’t imagine The Chaser as an american remake… will they keep the ending intact? :grimacing:

A Hard Day is another great Korean cop/crime movie. Totally silly but 100% entertainment from the get-go. Has also been remade twice since 2015 - a Chinese remake and a new Filipino remake :slight_smile:

v1.bTsxMTE5MTU1NztqOzE4NTM0OzEyMDA7MTA1NTsxNTAw

You may like this one. The Ascent by Larisa Shepitko.
It’s available at archive.org under TheAscent1977. (For some reason it wouldn’t link properly in the forum)

Brazil
Scotland, PA
Alien (original)
Idiocracy
Eraserhead
Godzilla vs hedorah
Attack the block
The vvitch

1 Like

Thanks for that, I’ll watch it next week sometime.

6 Likes

Think about best strange movie in this year

2 Likes

The last one especially hit something in me, I’ve discovered all of them in the last month on the same curated streaming film service. I found a lot of gems there, I’m not into promoting stuff but this is high quality. You have every day a “film of the day”, some comments, notebooks. It’s like a cine club. You can try it here for a free month (it’s a ref link).

1 Like

Best soundtrack

1 Like

My favourite film

And I like these classics

And more recently

And
6 Likes

Is it based on the lovecraft story or just the same name?

Good to be reminded of Akira. Watched that in the early 90s on a winters eve 12 floors up overlooking London West End. Totally enveloping.

2 Likes

Some of my top ones are already mentioned, so I’m going to focus on my two favourite Irish movies:

Dublin Oldschool

Adam & Paul

And my favourite British one:

Dead Man’s Shoes

4 Likes

I love dead man’s shoes

5 Likes

12 Angry men looks intense. Gonna look for that one. Thanx

2 Likes

Just finished watching a film for now.
DuVernay’s 13th on Netflix.

Oneohtrix Point Never does both soundtracks. Love his work!

Agree with all of these

Yeah. Won Bin hasn’t appeared in the movie since this work, so I hope his activity resumes.