Movie recommendations

I can quite often guess the twists to films, but Primer, I had to watch the ending five times or more to figure out what I’d just seen. I think it cost them about $3,000 (it was $7,000)to make., pretty impressive, I’d put it up there with Fight Club or Memento.

One last suggestion.

This was great, a cross between Neo Noir and a 21st re-creation of a Western.

1 Like

How could I forget this one. INCREDIBLE movie with a truly off track story

4 Likes

I have this movie as an MP3. I’ve listened to it over and over. It’s just that good.

One of my favorite movies, that a lot of people haven’t seen. Bringing Out The Dead. Directed by Martin Scorsese. It’s a wild weird ride.

2 Likes
4 Likes

(The Josh Brolin remake was actually pretty good too)

Possibly my favourite kung fu movie of all time.

Probably best not to be high or taking psychadelics when watching this one for the first time.

Another outstanding martial arts film, written by Luc Besson

6 Likes

My housemate has also recommended:

John Carpenter’s The Thing
Aliens
Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels
Slumdog Millionaire

7 Likes

The Thing is great! Such exceptional use of practical effects. That’s in my top 10. Also a fan of “They Live” , plus I always liked John Carpenter’s soundtracks.

4 Likes

Never really been into the sci-fi horror genre so Escape from New York is more my cup of tea. But yah, it’s a pretty effing outstanding movie regardless. Remember trying to watch the remake and turning it off. (Edit: my bad, think it’s actually a prequel)

Haven’t seen They Live, might have to give it a go.

2 Likes

I don’t know about “””extended””” wrestling scene though. Must have been written into the contract by Roddy Rod Piper’s manager?

:+1: for anything by JC

6 Likes

anything by Ozu.

1 Like

Yea the budget certainly works for it too. Makes it a lot more believable. A lot of love for Waking Life, similarly A Scanner Darkly is an absolutely fine film. One of the few I can say I liked better than the book as it’s almost entirely word for word from the novel.

Recently, I watched Adam’s Apples at the theater. I totally agree with you.

1 Like

My favorite action movies

4 Likes

ah no way, my da was the stills photographer on Zardoz :smile::metal:t3:

the falcon that appeared was his too.

7 Likes

this is batshit :joy:

6 Likes

Best movie so far this year for me was

Put together by this virtual cinema group called neon. Benn enjoying watching their films.
Last year I saw Midnight Family in a real theater here in SF. Such a great film.
1 Like

Upgrade:

love this movie!

Primer is also one of my favs!

4 Likes

The definition of „so bad that it’s good again“! I laughed so hard when we watched it during a trash movie night. Can’t find the link to a short documentary anymore, the actor cut his hair after the movie was done and they had to reshoot a few scenes so he had to wear a bad wig and in some scene you can see it like: regular hair -cut- wig- cut- regular hair- cut- wig… amazing!

2 Likes
5 Likes