Most analog sounding analog synth

I loved that Korg. Wish I could have gotten one, but they sold out too fast. Korg ARP 2600 FS review | MusicRadar

EDIT: ha ha, I just noticed that one of my typos was not caught by the editors - it says

“At first, it seemed that there were no real differences in the filters on the two units, despite the fact that the Korg was switched into its type II position.”

But it should say:

” At first, it seemed that there were differences in the filters on the two units, despite the fact that the Korg was switched into its type II position.

I think the paragraph that followed made my meaning clear, though.

4 Likes

It’s a Moog after all and delivers IMO the pure analogue Moog sound.

I’ve got the Minitaur and use it often for bass. I prefer it even over my Voyager, which is then free for other duties. The Minitaur is not as versatile as the Minimoog or Phatty series, though.

2 Likes

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/synton-fenix

7 Likes

I’d love to get my hands on one of those one day but those are most likely to become more and more and more and moooooore expansive …

1 Like

Rob Hordijk 5U machines sound extremely analog
especially when meeting them in person
Supper happy that I’ve got at least small standalone synth from him
Really want a bigger system at some point!

2 Likes

I would LOVE to have one of these someday, such a massive sound.

2 Likes

Motas-6 takes the cake for me after all the synths I’ve owned / tried.

The oscillators have a lot of character and nice movement to them but also do a good job of staying in tune. I think what really gives it the #1 for me is that there’s so many points of gain staging where you can saturate signals as well as there being overdrive and multiple forms of distortion at the end of the signal chain. The feedback works really well with the rest of its features too and sounds deliciously analog.

The analog sound is at the heart of what inspires me so for me personally, this question is an important one for me!

2 Likes

not easy to get but worth it… easier if you are in the Netherlands…

1 Like

Pittsburgh Microvolt 3900. Extremely analogue sounding.

1 Like

‘O’! Yeah! Definitely O-Coast sounds analog as the guy used to work at Moog. I thought Moog was hype, then played the sub phatty at sweetwater as was like, and now I know what all the fuss is about. Had the O-Coast for a bit and ooooh it’s so good. But yes it of course can quickly go into FM territory and sound really digitally-glassy as well.
Here’s a recording put up as a demo.

3 Likes

Analog madness…

• Studio Electronics Boomstar (any)
  • Analog Solutions Leipzig

Analog lushness…

• Vermona PerFourmer (or '14)
6 Likes

Let’s hear some audio uploaded folks, that synth only.

Unless you are 48…

3 Likes

There’s more of my old MS20 in that thread.

Or 55… I have the same SH-09 I bought in the 1980s… still stays in tune, too.

4 Likes

I played it once at Schneidersladen and it’s seriously one of the most gorgeous synths i’ve ever touched.

Shame i’ll never be able to afford, especially aftermarket prices.

1 Like

Yeah same, seen it only once at superbooth I guess…

Never say never)

1 Like

+1
The Boomstars are amazing mono synth, very underrated imo. I have the 4075, very vintage sounding and full of mojo.

5 Likes

Don’t want to derail the thread, but I just saw a comment in another thread that said “wow! that sounds analog and digital!”

I almost commented asking wtf that means, but I just LOL’d to myself and moved on.

2 Likes

Agh this SH1 is so sweet!
Can make a heartless person cry!

1 Like