Most analog sounding analog synth

I wouldn’t call it digital tho

“ 2. The second point where you can find something digital is the delay. But in fact, the digital here is just the memory as on both ends of it we have PWM converters that have very shaggy sound and behavior, and all the rest is still analog – the clock generator has an analog modulation input, the feedback loop is 100% analog, the input and output filters, the mixer of the two taps and wet\dry knob –all of them are 100% analog, while in contemporary FX processors all of that is digital and is in fact a piece of internal code of a DSP.”

https://somasynths.com/faq/

2 Likes

My Erica Fusion System sounds very analogue.
Probably all the tube saturation.
Also the bbd that’s actually a detune (or the detune that’s actually a bbd) makes everything sound very alive and imprecise, in a good way.

2 Likes

I nearly bought one of these after the SonicState review of it. The sound knocked me off my feet and let’s face it, it’s delicious to look at!

Not sure why I never bought it though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was surprised that they have one at all. If only I had ten grand knocking around spare…

1 Like

It’s a lot of dough, and many great pieces of gear were sacrificed to get mine, but it was absolutely worth it to me. Thankfully, there are some worthy alternatives (Mos-lab, Synth Werks) so it’s still possible to realize the dream (and for less money).

2 Likes

And to us at Sonic Sound Synthesis for that session you did for us alone!

2 Likes

In the analog realm I am fortunate enough to own a few bits…

Regrading Moogs, I’ve tried them all… my favourite remains the M15 overall. I’ve had mine for a couple of years and listening to that 5U sawtooth is like hearing the sound of space… passing the filter through an MF 104m is epic… I tried the M10 and loved the sound but the VCOs disnt track well and required constant tuning.

IIIp is fantastic but too much real estate and super expensive.

If I had to rank my favourite it would be too hard to choose as most of my toys are analog… but my top 5 go to synths in no particular order:

1. Model 15
  2. TVS Pro
  3. Buchla Easel
  4. Avalon
  5. OB-6
3 Likes

That said, its my next acquisition… i think will pair well with the 15

1 Like

Precisely why I have my eye out for a Model 15… :blush:

Hahahah…

Do you have this recorded? Would love to hear

1 Like

Archived here. The first part is all Model 10, and it features prominently throughout the remainder. There was also another Model 10-based thing I did for another installment, but I don’t know if it was archived anywhere.

Mixcloud

4 Likes
4 Likes

This is excellent, seriously. :+1:t4: Listening through headphones, sound aside, its also an awesome composition

3 Likes

Thanks. :blush:

2 Likes

Lovely… such a trip to the perfect ideal synthesized world : )

2 Likes

I guessed I missed your 2600 review. Could you please share a link 2it?!

1 Like

Moog Minitaur I remember to be very wooly and analogue.

I’ll have a look… here you go. Scot is towards the end (I didn’t do this mix so don’t have the file to hand to check precise timings… @Fin25’s modular system is in there briefly too).

3 Likes

One of my biggest selling regrets. Sounds so warm and has a lot of character.

Well yeah… that’s dirty:

2 Likes