Moog Subharmonicon

Super nice. Right, that’s it! I’m ordering one when they come back into stock.

1 Like

When I was talking here State side with one of our music stores, they said they were hoping for the next batch mid/end of June. So will probably still be another couple few weeks.

Seems like smaller shops here in Sweden are stocked up right now. Just ordered mine, will get it tomorrow!

Just arrived! Can’t wait to dive in on this thing

7 Likes

Spent the day having a ball with the SH. Something I didn’t see mentioned (apologies if it was) is that it comes with a really great manual. Well written, beautiful to look at and comes with a lot of great patch suggestions

3 Likes

Played the SubH pretty much non stop since I got it. Most of the stuff was dreamy ambient kinda stuff. Grabbed the Model:Cycles to use as a drum machine and came up with this goofy little number. One live take of the SH and M:C. Youtube highjacked a bit of the low end

6 Likes

All Moogs come with great manuals. They do everything properly. Must be why people like them so much.

3 Likes

This is a bit embarrassing, but this is my first purchase of any kind of Moog device. Borrowed a Minitaur once and have played around on a Matriarch quite a bit. Always liked the sound, just never pulled the trigger before now

Enjoy! Moog make very very nice gear. Everything about them is quality. I have a Sub37 I got 4 years ago and a DFAM ive had for a couple of years. They really do have their own feel. Proper instruments.

4 Likes

The SubH is my first Moog too and I was really surprised by the manual, zine and packaging, it helped me justify the cost a bit. Full disclosure, I work in design/marketing.

4 Likes

I like this album. Just SubH and pedal FX - nothing else

14 Likes

Yup thats nice, thanks for sharing

I have a question for those who have a subharmonicon about something I don’t understand yet.

I turn all the oscillators down in the mixer except for oscillator 1. I assign oscillator 1 to sequencer 1 and rhythm generator 1 to sequencer 1 and press play. I hear the sequence, all good. If I now assign rhythm generator 2 to sequencer 2 the rhythm changes and I don’t understand why. I’m obviously misunderstanding something…

1 Like

There is only one attack stage in the envelope… So, when the second sequencer gets activated, it becomes part of the rhythm of attack.

Edit for clarity.

4 Likes

Of course, makes sense. Thank you! I can sleep properly now.

1 Like

Also, the envelopes won’t retrigger during the attack stage (which is an awesome little trick, in my opinion, because you can form rhythmic interplays between the rhythm generators and the envelope, e.g. set the envelope to only retrigger every third gate).

3 Likes

Did some jamming…

5 Likes

I really like the Subharmonicon in and of itself, but the fact that it can send its off-kilter clock to the DFAM just takes it up a notch. Here’s my first go with it, along with a bunch of the other Moog semi-modular stuff. Love the sound.

30 Likes

Is it SubH Trigger to DFAM ADV/Clock? :face_with_monocle:

Nice tune btw :slight_smile:

Yes, you’ve got it exactly: Trigger out to ADV/Clock in. Also, because the SubH produces multiple triggers, you can actually have it send out multiple clocks to different DFAMs (or anything else). Looking forward to trying that on another track. And thanks!

1 Like