Moog Subharmonicon

Did you look for algorhythmic sequencers in M4L? There must be similar things to be found.

Great tip, gonna look into that!

I used this one some time ago:

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/2431/polyrhythmus-a-modular-euclidean-rhythm-builder

1 Like

I received my SH a couple of days ago and it is every bit as gorgeous as i was hoping, I had the 3 tier rack and the M32/DFAM combo, so this just made sense. I recorded a little melodic jam just in case anyone is interested in hearing it, the oscillators are brought in one by one and they are joined by the M32 which is recieving its pitch from Osc1 of the SH. There is a kick from the modular and some light perc from the DFAM just to hold together the polyrhythms, really is a great synth I think.

23 Likes

Your setup looks beautiful man👍

1 Like

hey thank you!

Really nice sound. Could you explain what you mean by the M32 getting it’s pitch from the subharmonicon? I’m new to semi modular and trying to learn my away around these machines. Also, what fx are you using?

there is a cv out from the SH oscillator1 sequence pitch which is fed into the 1voct input of the M32, the whole thing runs through a ventris dual reverb on the plate setting and then through more reverb on the DB4 mixer

1 Like

On Monday I had my birthday and thought this is gonna be a good week. Then yesterday I got a new handpan and thought this is an absolutely awesome week! Then today I got the Subharmonicon and I don’t even know what to say!

I recorded this video for my friend who built the handpan but decided to share it online as well. Sound is a bit crappy because phone, but this is so fun! I’m gonna make a proper video later.

After playing the Subharmonicon for a couple of hours it feels very much like I hoped it to be! So intuitive and inspiring! Can’t wait to introduce it to my two DFAMs and I’m sure it also goes well together with my Lyra-8! And yeah this also has midi in so OT/DT fun to be expected as well!

I’m just about to release my new album with handpans and synths but I already feel like starting the next one!

26 Likes

This is awesome! I gotta admit I’d never seen a handpan played although the tone is familiar. Will check out your other tracks asap.

Edit: Also backed your album release campaign. :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful. Please post more of these jams. Happy birthweek! :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers!

1 Like

That was lovely, thanks

1 Like

Sounds great

1 Like

Didn’t yet have time to watch this in its entirety, but Youtube user Omri Cohen built a Subharmonicon in VCV Rack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7_U4Dgln-0

I don’t have a SubH myself, but judging by the comments he’s done a good job. Thought this might be of interest to some people.

2 Likes

Only can make so many purchases while I’m out of work, so I’ve been torn between the Subharmonicon, Polyend Tracker and MegaFM for different reasons. Wound up ordering the Subharmonicon from Zzounds. Supposed to get here by Wednesday . Very excited to dive in!

7 Likes

I don’t think you will regret, I certainly haven’t!

1 Like

So, my first reflection after a couple of days of jamming: this machine is just incredibly beautiful, inspiring and creative! Since tuesday I’ve been playing long ambient jams, sometimes leaving the loop running for ages in the background while doing other things, then tweaking it a little bit, then listening again or maybe jamming on top of it with my handpans. I don’t think I’ve ever had as much instant fun with any new synth as this one!

Yesterday I stayed up late and just before going to bed I decided to do a little record experiment. I started the machine with a patch I had made earlier and recorded a 3 minute improvisation. Then I added some reverb in Ableton and it sounded great. So I decided to record another take on top of that based on the same patch but with a faster tempo. Within 15 minutes of creating the project in Ableton I exported the track. Two tracks of Subharmonicon and some reverb from Ableton.

20 Likes

excellent, I love that it has those really snappy envelopes for pluckyness as well as the big chord washes

2 Likes

Hi I’m new here! I ordered my Subharmonicon in a store in Spain 2 weeks ago and they still do not have an answer from Moog Europe , on the other hand on the Thomann website now put a waiting time of 8 to 10 weeks! Someone here received more recent delivery news?

I ordered mine from Bax a couple of weeks ago when they had a couple in stock and got it 2 days later,(I’m in UK) might be no stock in Europe right now if you have checked all the main online retailers, new releases from Moog are popular!